Sony Xz2 compact Sd card issues.

Tom060

Nov 17, 2019
Visit site
I've recently bought a new larger 256GB Sd card for my Sony Xz2 compact.

I tried copying all the files from my old card to my new card via my pc and this seemed okay.

I have put the card in my phone and while I can access the card and view files on it. I can't transfer apps to it or set my phone to save photos etc to the card.

The option isn't there in the storage section of the app managers. Nor on the transfer to sd card screen.

I've tried formatting the card in the phone but no joy....

Any ideas?

Apparently the phone can cope with upto 400GB cards. The cars is an integral card from the big river.

Phone is upto date with droid/firmware

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think the "Move to SD" feature went away after around Marshmallow (which is when Adoptable Storage was introduced). But not all phones support Adoptable Storage (i.e., the ability to format a card as Internal Storage). If you don't see that option when formatting a card, then it's not supported.

The ability to set the SD card as the default storage location universally for all apps is also dependent on the phone. If you don't see that option in the Settings>Storage menu, then you need to look in each individual app for an option to make the SD card the default.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy