Sorry I passed judgement too quick, this Note 5 is amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Yea I forgot to mention the fingerprint scanner is really fast and is super easy to use, its my first device I actually activated it

How is data reception for the Note 5. I had problems with reception with the Note 4 and I am hoping the Note 5 has improved.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So back to the topic at hand -- Has anyone else got their Note and like it more than they thought they would? (Did I say that right? Lol) --- I know as each day passed FedEx / UPS should be busy delivering tons of phones :D.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Second warning, thread went way off topic and has been cleaned accordingly.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
So back to the topic at hand -- Has anyone else got their Note and like it more than they thought they would? (Did I say that right? Lol) --- I know as each day passed FedEx / UPS should be busy delivering tons of phones :D.
I got mine yesterday and I am loving it. Right now I'm using it caseless, the case I ordered should be delivered today. No lag whatsoever, haven't tested the camera out yet. Probably will do that this weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

wvtarheel

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I've used the Camera and to my eyes, it looks just like the S6. Maybe someone with more photography skills or a better eye can see a difference, but I can't. Happy with the camera.

sbatwater

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that $200 credit from Best Buy is in the form of a Best Buy gift card. Though you could probably sell that at a slight discount and still be ahead.

And someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm pretty sure that $200 credit from Best Buy is in the form of a Best Buy gift card. Though you could probably sell that at a slight discount and still be ahead.

And someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

It is a $200 gift card, but you can immediately apply it to the purchase of the phone. Seems odd, but they've done the same thing in the past with the Tab S.

svargas05

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You know, this is all refreshing to read...but these are all first impressions.

Every Samsung I've owned has had the tendency to slow down pretty significantly after the first 6-8 months. With or without an SD card.

I get the whole "new device high" thing, it happens to me every time I get a new phone - but I grow weary for Sammie phones now, because TouchWiz is just so crappy and so heavy. The RAM usage alone on these things goes to show you how heavy TouchWiz is and it's very disappointing - it's no wonder they pack in so much RAM and the fastest processors out - they have to because of the UI alone.

Clean up TouchWiz to where it's near non-existent and not so memory intensive and I'm willing to bet you'd have an awesome and solid, long-term device on your hands.

Last edited:

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You know, this is all refreshing to read...but these are all first impressions.

Every Samsung I've owned has had the tendency to slow down pretty significantly after the first 6-8 months. With or without an SD card.

I get the whole "new device high" thing, it happens to me every time I get a new phone - but I grow weary for Sammie phones now, because TouchWiz is just so crappy and so heavy. The RAM usage alone on these things goes to show you how heavy TouchWiz is and it's very disappointing - it's no wonder they pack in so much RAM and the fastest processors out - they have to because of the UI alone.

Clean up TouchWiz to where it's near non-existent and not so memory intensive and I'm willing to bet you'd have an awesome and solid, long-term device on your hands.

The cool thing about TouchWiz now is you can change the themes. The same theme engine for the s6 is in the Note 5. I am currently using the material design theme and I feel like I'm using a Nexus. Pretty awesome customization!

Posted via the Android Central App

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Yes. The Note 5 is simply amazing. I had a Galaxy S6 Edge before and decided to upgrade.

This phone has an amazing battery life (so far) first day with it. This phone seems much faster during certain actions than the S6 was. I don't know if it's because it's still very new or because of the extra 1GB of ram.

Fingerprint scanner for example is perfect. Fast and so far 100% accurate.
No lag during multitasking. No reload of apps.
Loving the way things feels smaller on this phone. Looks like Samsung changed the density of the screen.

Liberation

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes. The Note 5 is simply amazing. I had a Galaxy S6 Edge before and decided to upgrade.

This phone has an amazing battery life (so far) first day with it. This phone seems much faster during certain actions than the S6 was. I don't know if it's because it's still very new or because of the extra 1GB of ram.

Fingerprint scanner for example is perfect. Fast and so far 100% accurate.
No lag during multitasking. No reload of apps.
Loving the way things feels smaller on this phone. Looks like Samsung changed the density of the screen.

Why did you go with the Note 5 instead of the S6 Edge Plus?

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
So I was one of those guys that said the battery was too small and the phone is going to be like my s6 experience. Let me just say this phone is nothing like the s6. The battery life has far exceeded what I assumed it would be. My first day yesterday was 3.2% an hour with 3.5 hours of SOT and 44% left by bedtime. My s6 would of been dead by 5 o clock, but its not just battery life that makes this phone so amazing.

Just holding it in your hand and using it the device feels great. Its like handcrafted jewelry when you first take it out of the box and when you see how small the bezels are you realize the design of the device is the best I have ever seen in the smartphone industry. The fact that it's skinnier than my g4 at a 5.5 inch screen and has a 5.7 inch screen is beyond bold in design language and I can actually use it one handed.

As a smartphone user I have evolved a few years back and don't need the SD card anymore and while I know many people like it I just feel it's time everyone accepts cloud storage and can see the benefits of using it. There is no benefit using an SD card and many times they get corrupted and slow the device down.

So speaking of lag there is none with the software Samsung put on the Note 5, no memory loss or stutter. It's super quick where my s6 was a disaster to use, even after two factory resets I couldn't get it smooth. Even after I disabled the bloat ware and really focused on memory management it didn't matter, that s6 software was a epic fail. But not on the Note, at least the s6 can be fixed with a software update though- it desperately needs it.

But in any case my judgements on the note 5 were based on the s6 and that was wrong. This is the device of the year no doubt, optimized software and amazing hardware. The best devices this year so far (and I buy all of them) is the Note 5, the s6 active and the ZTE Axon. You can't go wrong with any of those.

My experience after 1 day is similar. So far, so great. All good things so far ...

ebpman

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have been very happy with the note 5. I agree with your comments since I too was disappointed with the lack of memory expansion. One thing it's missing is greyscale photo capabilities. Has anyone else noticed this?

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
How is data reception for the Note 5. I had problems with reception with the Note 4 and I am hoping the Note 5 has improved.

Definitely excellent reception, I have been getting great signal since I got the device and slightly better than most of the other flagships. The benefits of a glass back I suppose. I think that is why battery life has been so good.

GrungyNA

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

The Note 5 has blown me away and so far exceeded my expectations. I had a G4 that struggled to maintain a cell signal at my house and got hot, the Note 5 is locked on and staying cool. Everything about it has been great.

BOSSY TEXAS CHICK

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Agreed...I believe the program is for "any working smartphone PERIOD"... I got a S200.00 credit for a MetroPCS LG F6 that had a $5.00 value. I do believe its "Samsung's Program" and not Verizon's so it should have all the same qualifiers.

A lot of ppl do not realize that and are trading in perfectly good phones worth much more when they could do the Walmart/ebay thing. You would THINK the salesppl would tell you, but then again, I guess they wouldn't want to lose the sale while u leave to go schlepping to get a cheaper phone to trade in.

My advice is just call and ask, "ANY working smartphone"? and see if they tell you "YES"....

BTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flower_tunnel65