speakerphone only on bottom speaker?!

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you guys noticed when you use the speaker phone only the bottom speaker comes on it is a little disappointing because if both speakers would be on it would be much louder ,its kind of low.

And what's up with the volume change when you go half way its already no sound they need to fix this I think.

gunzkevin

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the Z2, but I just noticed this after seeing your thread. Only my bottom speaker works for speaker phone. Kind of disappointing.

Posted via Android Central App

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I think both of my speakers work when on speakerphone. I need to check again. My only probably is the sound is really thin. Like a tin can echo. Really weird.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This is the same on the Z2, I think the ring tone may be the same as well. Some people were speculating it as a safety issue because you could put the phone up to your ear and have someone call you at the same time. Think the phone automatically goes to speaker when a headset is disconnected so could be a safety thing there too, annoying tho....

ManApp

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I think the reason why when using speaker phone Sony has only enabled the bottom speaker. It is because just incase a phone user enables the speaker phone mode when answering a call, then places the phone to the ear to speak in to the ear then the user could suffer from hearing damage from the very loud volume . Sony could be sued if this loud speaker is enabled on the earpiece for speaker phone mode and a user did just that by placing the phone to the ear.
That's my take on the reason.

Posted via the Android Central App

techaddict2

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I think the reason why when using speaker phone Sony has only enabled the bottom speaker. It is because just incase a phone user enables the speaker phone mode when answering a call, then places the phone to the ear to speak in to the ear then the user could suffer from hearing damage from the very loud volume . Sony could be sued if this loud speaker is enabled on the earpiece for speaker phone mode and a user did just that by placing the phone to the ear.
That's my take on the reason.

Posted via the Android Central App

This is just garbage! Cmone now!

darigaaz12

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
This has been an issue on the z2 since I've had it as well. It most likely is a liability issue Sony is trying to negate. I believe some custom roms take care of it if it's that big of a deal