Spigen S9 plus Rugged Armor vs Neo Hybrid

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping to get a new s9+ soon! I usually get Thinfit but this time around I'm skipping the insurance because I'm upgrading my whole family plan so it would not be cost effective to get insurance on 5 phones.

That means reluctantly I want a drop protective case. I've narrowed it down to these two.

Does anyone have both? I really like the look of neo hybrid but does it add lots of width vs the Rugged Armor? Any comments on looks, feel and how they slide in and out of the pocket?

Edit: just noticed the Liquid Air too. That might be the one.

Last edited:

Roadie29

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
I have the neo and it's very good for protection. Yes you can keep your phone face down with this case. I also have the Samsung protective case and while it's heavier than the neo it has a little more protection. i like them both and keep rotating them. 😀

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! I agree not being face down friendly is a no go. I ended up getting the liquid air. Should be here Tuesday. Seems silly being so particular about a case... but I'm just bundling up my S7 for sale and realized I had 9 cases for it. This time I'm hoping to not go down that road.

Ryza321

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
Today has arrived the Neo Hybrid cover. Really really cool! It's a little too big tho, and it hide the curve of the phone a little too much. One question: I bought this case because it has raised corner, but when I put the phone face down, it seems that the screen touch the surface anyway. Is that my impression? Is there a way to verify if the screen doesn't touch the surface where I put it?

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Just got my Liquid Air today. Love it. Perfect. It's a step above the thinfit but still drop protective and enough raise for face down friendly.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping to get a new s9+ soon! I usually get Thinfit but this time around I'm skipping the insurance because I'm upgrading my whole family plan so it would not be cost effective to get insurance on 5 phones.

That means reluctantly I want a drop protective case. I've narrowed it down to these two.

Does anyone have both? I really like the look of neo hybrid but does it add lots of width vs the Rugged Armor? Any comments on looks, feel and how they slide in and out of the pocket?

Edit: just noticed the Liquid Air too. That might be the one.
The Rugged Armor has better raised sides than the Neo Hybrid. It's gonna 'float' above the table more. The Rugged Armor is basically one of the most protective Spigen has. The Hybrid is well, in between armor and thinfit.

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
The Rugged Armor has better raised sides than the Neo Hybrid. It's gonna 'float' above the table more. The Rugged Armor is basically one of the most protective Spigen has. The Hybrid is well, in between armor and thinfit.
Thanks. I just received the Liquid Air. To me it is perfect. I guess it might be between the Neo Hybrid and Thinfit. Spigen still lists it as Military Grade drop protective on their web site but I love how slim it is still. The texture is also between grippy and slippery. So stays in the hand but slides into the pocket.

Ryza321

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
One problem with Neo Hybrid: the phone doesn't read the USB connector since the cover is to thick. So I had to remove the cover to connect the USB connector. Very uncomfortable

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
One problem with Neo Hybrid: the phone doesn't read the USB connector since the cover is to thick. So I had to remove the cover to connect the USB connector. Very uncomfortable
You can't have everything. As far as I know no third party case exists that has drop protection on all sides plus allows the Samsung USB adaptor. That's why nearly all Samsung official cases have pretty much open bottoms except for their Rugged Cover.

https://youtu.be/zzDZkoIlJ6o

You can however buy a third party USB adaptor that fits the Neo Hybrid since the connection part is only as big as the charging cord, like this thing:

https://www.amazon.com/Moshi-USB-C-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6225298

Ryza321

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
You can't have everything. As far as I know no third party case exists that has drop protection on all sides plus allows the Samsung USB adaptor. That's why nearly all Samsung official cases have pretty much open bottoms except for their Rugged Cover.

https://youtu.be/zzDZkoIlJ6o

You can however buy a third party USB adaptor that fits the Neo Hybrid since the connection part is only as big as the charging cord, like this thing:

https://www.amazon.com/Moshi-USB-C-...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6225392
Well, it's not a big deal to me, but for honesty I had to say that. At first I thought that it wasn't normal, but I'm glad that the phone is ok and that is a case thing

Ryza321

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
When I take off the cover and then I put it on again, it press the power button turning on the screen. Is that normal or is it me that I insert it in the wrong way?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene