Sprint Hero has text messaging problem!

maxfire05#AC

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
First, let me start by saying i'm a newbie to Android Central. Hello everyone!
Just wanted to say that i pickup the HTC Hero today from BB as an alternative phone to my palm pre (good phone btw). I've noticed that it has a problem with receiving text messages. Some come thru, some don't. Be advised.

maxfire05#AC

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Keep a watchful eye. I sent myself some messages to test it out and about half came thru. My girlfriend sent me a text earlier and I still haven't gotten it. I will play with it for a while but I'm not gonna keep it with it doing that. Reminds me of Windows mobile, ugh.

maxfire05#AC

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Probably has something more to do with the network and your migration over from the Pre than the phone itself.

I don't see why that would matter. If you do a google search, you can see that this has been and issue already with the hero on european devices as well. I'm not sure if this happening with android OS 1.6 but it does happen with Android OS 1.5. Sprint htc hero shipped with 1.5 NOT 1.6 for those who don't have theirs yet.

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
It seems my normal text goes through okay but if i attach a picture it's doesn't go through. Any idea on what i should do to fix it. How do you do a complete reset and what will i loose in doing so

Anubis

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I just restarted my phone and now the mms works. I may have closed something i wasn't suppose with the task manager lol.

c3PreO

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Disregard previous post.
I think it was the Sprint system delay.
All of the sudden I received both MMS and SMS messages on the Hero I sent from my Blackberry ok.
Right now no further problems to report.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devboilol