Sprint is somehow bricking tethering...i think

HopelesslyFaithful

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the HTC One Max and paid PDAnet. If you connect to speedtest.net or pingtest.net in your browser the tethering connection bricks. It then turns on wifi on the phone....how does it do that? If you have already connected to the site when on wifi but DON'T reload the page it works -_- You have to turn off wifi on phone again and reconnect to PDAnet for tethering to work. If you touch pingtest.net or speedtest.net directly tethering bricks and phone turns on wifi. I am also connect to LTE band 25 while trying to do this with ok signal -99 to -103 RSRP (-110 worse case for a second once in a great while)

Anyone know if Sprint is trying to block tethering? Also i was using for both times hide teethering level 1 and 2. I didn't try no hiding.

UPDATE: ok now after a good 5-10 mins of downloading war of roses my USB connection just dropped and i had to reconnect :/

Also i am using network monitor mini and netlimter pro on my desktop. My desktop is using 500-600KBps download and virtually no upload....though network monitor mini is reporting 2x download and 1x upload. I am getting 1-1.2MBps download and 500-600KBps upload...wtf? My LTE can only do 5Mbps down and 5-9Mbps up so download is clearly doubled and upload i believe is false since i am not uploading anything. I also tried not hiding data since i thought maybe how it hid data might trick net monitor mini but that had no affect. Discounting PC and net monitor mini shows no data so cell phone isn't doing any traffic.

What am i missing for spoiler?

I have always been able to get usb part of PDAnet on my old EVO 3D to work but now that i have the one max it freezes. I have it installed on my laptop and one max. I have USB debugging enabled. It asks to connect on my laptop and i click on the box but it never connects. It says connecting but never connects and the program on the computer is stuck unless i pull out the USB cable than it unfreezes. It has been trying to connect for 5 mins with nothing.

Any thoughts?

On a side note the foxfi part of my phone doesn't work either.....it pops up a menu asking for subscriptions.... On my EVO 3D it just never worked...now i get subscriptions.

As always thanks!

HF

EDIT: NM I thought i would try to uninstall and re-install and it worked after that. I guess it is recommended to uninstall and reinstall if you get a new phone even if it is same brand.

Last edited: