[SPRINT L720T Spark] "Unfortunately X has stopped" - rom flashing and factory restoring failures

Galagian

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
[SPRINT L720T Spark] "Unfortunately X has stopped" - rom flashing and factory restoring failures

My phone: Samsung Galaxy S4, Sprint L720T "Spark"

So, having enjoyed a rooted phone, I tried to clear up some space by using Titanium Backup to remove the Google Books/Newsstand etc. services. Every once in a while, I had been getting "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped." I using Titanium to restore them from a backup, but then I started getting various Google processes stopping intermittently. I used it to restore a couple more, and then it was happening all the damn time.

Screw it, I thought, I'll just restore the phone. Nothing changed. Then I thought I'd reflash it. I reflashed it with L720T_OD2_Stock_Rooted_Rom.zip (copied it on the microSD, went to the System Recovery screen, went to apply update from external storage, selected the zip file). However, doing so nets me still service after process which have stopped working "unfortunately." I can't figure out what to do. Any help?

I googled and searched threads, but it seems that most people aren't starting from a fresh flash or accidentally used the wrong ROM, but I don't think that applies to me.

Any help?

Last edited:

Galagian

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: [SPRINT L720T Spark] "Unfortunately X has stopped" - rom flashing and factory restoring failures

I should add that I got this message when trying to flash through Odin:

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> L720TVPUCOD2_L720TSPTCOD2_L720TVPUCOD2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

Nothing changed on my phone's end, as far as I can see (same problems).

anon(9590754)

Aug 7, 2015
Visit site
Re: [SPRINT L720T Spark] "Unfortunately X has stopped" - rom flashing and factory restoring failures

Have same phone and I cannot gain root at all. Been trying everything? Help?

Galagian

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

Have same phone and I cannot gain root at all. Been trying everything? Help?

Just an update, Samsung Smart Switch software was able to recognize the phone and wiped everything from it. All's good now.