Sprint Mobile Data problems

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Last night where I had LTE few bars with my unlocked Sprint S10 Plus my husbands said 1X or something and he had no LTE and then it kept saying can't establish wireless connection. He usually will got to airplane and back to get LTE but it was weird to not have the same as me in the same place same phone.

Mio22

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
My issue started last Saturday, intermittent LTE connection. I've used temp fix since then by disabling bands 41, and 25. Data stays on but coverage is poor. I've called Sprint numerous times and ticket is opened for data issues, but I have no confidence in Sprint support team. Every time I call in to check update they say I have no ticket or ticket has been closed, but when I call in number automatic system says, you calling about your repair ticket.... I sure hope there is permanent fix to this issue and soon.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
My issue started last Saturday, intermittent LTE connection. I've used temp fix since then by disabling bands 41, and 25. Data stays on but coverage is poor. I've called Sprint numerous times and ticket is opened for data issues, but I have no confidence in Sprint support team. Every time I call in to check update they say I have no ticket or ticket has been closed, but when I call in number automatic system says, you calling about your repair ticket.... I sure hope there is permanent fix to this issue and soon.

Yeah they aren't going to do anything. If anything Sprint has to fix the software on their model.

kmmill00

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I've been on the phone for an hour with OKC and now Sprint telesales. They're replacing my device. So they claim. Everyone I talk to wants to put me through another step of troubleshooting. I'm about to lose my mind.

harriskathym

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Same for me. I can see the bars but no data connection. Called Sprint and they walked me through some stuff. Still no data connection. Went to the Sprint store and she trouble shoots. It was better for 5 minutes till I got home. Still no data unless I am on Wifi. Very troubling. Said because I didnt have insurance they would not replace it. It isnt even a month old yet. Getting very pissed off right about now.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Glad to find this thread and to confirm I am not alone.
Same here. I got the patch installed as of March 27th but I still have internet connection drop outs when streaming spotify,buffering while watching YouTube etc. I also updated profile,prl and restarted the phone which seem to help somewhat but still nowhere near like my old s9+ that had ZERO issues with connectivity. Even certain areas go from roaming with 2 bars to no service whatsoever. This is the only phone I've had this much trouble with.

MazrimCF

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I am in the same boat with Sprint 5 bars and no data. Sprint tier 2 support is telling me it is affecting all S10 models and the he would open a ticket. I got the call from tier 3 and was walked thru all the steps except the disabling of bands. Then she said Sprint and Samsung are working on a fix but she has no ETA on it.

My wife has the S9 and I have the S10+ and at home I have no data service and her's is fine (29115) what I don't understand is all of her settings are the same on the debug screen.

Last edited:

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat with Sprint 5 bars and no data. Sprint tier 2 support is telling it is affecting all S10 models and the he would open a ticket. I got the call from tier 3 and was walked thru all the steps except the disabling of bands. Then she said Sprint and Samsung are working on a fix but she has no ETA on it.

My wife has the S9 and I have the S10+ and at home I have no data service and her's is fine (29115) what I don't understand is all of her setting are the same on the debug screen.
Yes, horrible issue ...

I escalated to executive services and had my phone replaced.

MazrimCF

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I was out of my 14 days also. Just tweet and and executive services.

Just keep at them....

Just got off the phone with Tier 3 and I was told to take the phone back in for replacement

My tech made no mention of a patch hmm.. I'm still going to take my phone in just don't trust this phone

Last edited:

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I am in the Atlanta Metro Area and have no problems with my S10 Plus.
It may be several localized signal problems.

Everyone having this concern post up where you are in the world and let's see if it is in certain areas or more widespread.

Mav. :cool:

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Columbus, OH market

Having the data issues and Sprint just exchanged my s10+ out after my 14 day period.

Haven't activated the new phone yet but will do that tonight.

Mio22

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Central Pennsylvania, Sprint service with S10+ I got my phone at Best buy. Spoke with t3 rep and he said to take it to corporate center for exchange. He even made me appointment but he couldnt call them... told me to make a call since center is 2 hrs away from me to make sure they have it in stock...When I called them they said sorry but we can't exchange for 3rd party sellers you need to take it to Best buy where item was purchased.. of course it's out of 14 day return. So now I'm at Mercy of some sort of update. Which is fictional at this point...
Pretty expensive paper weight!!

The rep did say that some people are reporting poor LTE with new phone replacement as well.
My connection is intermittent at best but I do aquire LTE signal!!!

That's with 41/25 bands being off!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

MazrimCF

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I live in Orangeburg, SC and Work in Port Royal SC and the phone is utterly useless in those areas.

I have a new phone being shipped to me as a replacement as the Rep failed to fill out her note on my account. She told me it was suppose to be a warranty replacement and that she would note it as such what she wrote was told customer to return to store. I've been with Sprint for 12 years i don't think I will hit 13 with them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smita05