SprinT Mobile deal...

FryGuy66

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know if it's still in the works? A guy working in a T Mobile store (Glendale, AZ) told me their mgmt told them it fell through and wasn't happening. (Take with grain of salt)

Posted via Android Central App

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: SprinT Mobile deal.......

Anyone know if it's still in the works? A guy working in a T Mobile store (Glendale, AZ) told me their mgmt told them it fell through and wasn't happening. (Take with grain of salt)

They're in the finalization process, but some billionaire from Mexico is trying to buy T-Mobile now also. I'll see if I can find the article if you're interested.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Can easily go either way. Had to pass both FCC, and DOJ.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

according to reports, that guy is not interested. Apparently one of his companies had a quarterly report and on the call he said he had no interest to change what he already has going on in the usa.

as far as sprint / tmo are concerned. Its going to take some time. Lots of legal and federal hoops to jump through.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's happening. Haven't heard much yet.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

It scares me that is being talked about. I think if I was Carlos Slim, though, I wouldn't make too large a bid. Instead, I'd wait for the DOJ and FCC to turn down the bid. While there is the small risk the deal would be approved, if the pundits are right, he'd pay much less for T-Mobile not having to bid against Softbank.

I just fear what T-Mobile would become under Slim.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Sprint / T-Mobile thing may still be in the works. They'll let us know if it happens.. If it does it will then go through a big approval process before it can happen.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

It's Softbank attempting to buy T-Mobile.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 using Tapatalk

CFR0628

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
All rumours point to John legere taking over after any merger/sale. No need to worry. Also rumoured the Sprint name will all together be dropped as it has a bad rep.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
All rumours point to John legere taking over after any merger/sale. No need to worry. Also rumoured the Sprint name will all together be dropped as it has a bad rep.

They should keep Sprint.
T-Mobile = Post Paid
Sprint = PrePaid / MVNO spin offs.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

Yeah but I wonder how much say Son will have. If Legere is left to his own devices, then they'll keep growing and be fine. If Son comes in and does things like forcing BRS gear on them or something like that for "economies of scale," it could mean trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayleepalmer90