Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - Candy coated goodness.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - The Rumors, Conjecture and Hearsay thread.

That KitKat will be out the end of March for the LG G2. The rollout with the Samsung models had a lot of problems, so our rollout is being delayed.

And I have heard that, so this actually might be the truth.

Sent from my LG G2 using TapaTalk

oesjmr

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - The Rumors, Conjecture and Hearsay thread.

What I was told today on a chat from Sprint. Take it with ten pounds of rock salt though.

You got more out of them than I did! The person I spoke to about the update kept telling me that it was a manufacturer thing and they have no clue on their (Sprint's) end about any updates.

oesjmr

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
LG OpenSource Code link

I forgot to include this link in my last post. It goes to the OpenSource Code Distribution page for the LS980 on LG's website. Word has it that LG will post the ZVB source here just before the OTA update.

Robert Floyd

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

The secret to waiting for this is to not think about it. Go about your lives and then one day you will look at your phone and see there is an update waiting for you.:)

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

The well respected rumor has always been by the end on the 1st Quarter which is the end of this month so again, I council patience my young Jedis.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Sprint Tri-Band LG G2.

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site

Has anything been heard regarding if this update will do anything to allow the Sprint G2 to successfully connect to an Airave? Mine simply does not connect unless you do some goofy work-a-round by temporarily changing some settings. I read somewhere that an update would be coming out to fix this. Think this will be built into it?

Mine is working fine against the Airave with the Spark patch. Occasionally I still see it hunt for towers but it locks right back on pretty quickly.

Microspeed

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

I find that waiting for updates is like watching water boil. It never happens fast enough.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

Here a Sprint Rep named George M. says the upgrade is being pushed out.

https://community.sprint.com/baw/mo...ssion?content=/api/core/v2/discussions/151820

But it's not clear if it's been released yet? I took a screenshot because down further in the thread it sounds like it's not available.

pedezy4a.jpg

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

So we are skipping ZVB and going to ZVC instead?

Posted via Android Central App

tt0h

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Seems to be the case, though that could change again.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

So we are skipping ZVB and going to ZVC instead?

This is a very big guess, but as the software update will skip over 4.3 and go to directly to 4.4, that is possibly the reason.
Again, just my guess, but it sounds totally plausible, right? ;)

tt0h

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

This is a very big guess, but as the software update will skip over 4.3 and go to directly to 4.4, that is possibly the reason.

ZVB was also a 4.4 build. I'm guessing that they found and fixed something from when they were testing ZVB. Hopefully it won't take weeks of more testing before they're ready to release.

bigtank

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

ZVB was also a 4.4 build. I'm guessing that they found and fixed something from when they were testing ZVB. Hopefully it won't take weeks of more testing before they're ready to release.

I can wait as long as it works when we finally do get it

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

I wonder if the delay has been because the phone has been Spark enabled.

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

I wonder if the delay has been because the phone has been Spark enabled.

This is my guess. Especially since no phone on Sprint that has Spark is on 4.4.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh