Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - Candy coated goodness.

BecomingDeath13

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - The Rumors, Conjecture and Hearsay thread.

Google and LG like to keep their deadline. A few days after the kernel it should start being pushed. Of course it isn't a guarantee that they'll keep it, but that said, at least we will be getting it fairly soon. Just have to wait a bit longer.
Home stretch
e8aqy9u4.jpg

-Adam-
Sent from my LG-LS980.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sprint's LG G2: Official KitKat info - The Rumors, Conjecture and Hearsay thread.

Sorry to kill all the jubilation but i doubt we see it this week

Would also like to know why you think that.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Would also like to know why you think that.

It could be because as of today SPRINT is rolling out KitKat to the HTC ONE. Once again...we have been passed over.

Posted via Android Central App

cwise2222

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

That really shouldn't make to big a difference, especially considering HTC is pretty much in charge of rolling out their own updates. It's unlikely that it will come today if someone hasn't seen it on their phone already, but I'd still peg it for this week. If the kernel is up on the LG site then the update has likely gotten Sprint certification to be pushed out so all the ducks are in a row; so to speak. It's just the waiting game for Google to do whatever it is it does to have the Google servers push it out.

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Cool beans. Thanks for pulling me out if the update blues.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

I am hoping the rollout starts tomorrow.
Worse case could be Monday which would still be the letter of the law as it is officially the First Quarter/end of March.

Mav. :cool:

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

I am hoping the rollout starts tomorrow.
Worse case could be Monday which would still be the letter of the law as it is officially the First Quarter/end of March.

Mav. :cool:

Do you think that it'll be a manual update available, or is it just going to be OTA?

Sent from my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2. K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

Jimmy Gillentine

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Do you think that it'll be a manual update available, or is it just going to be OTA?

Most likely OTA.

KingMeander

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

I just switched to my LG-G2 from Samsung phones. With the Samsung phones a lot of the updates could be done with Kies (proprietary software). LG doesn't have an equivalent software (that I'm aware of anyway). At home, the network can be slow, and at work there is no signal in the building I work in. Can the OTA updates be done on WI-FI, or only 3G/4G?

askmeonemore

May 24, 2013
Visit site

I just switched to my LG-G2 from Samsung phones. With the Samsung phones a lot of the updates could be done with Kies (proprietary software). LG doesn't have an equivalent software (that I'm aware of anyway). At home, the network can be slow, and at work there is no signal in the building I work in. Can the OTA updates be done on WI-FI, or only 3G/4G?

I use WiFi all the time for otas

Ikenna Nwauwa

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I really hope that sprint isn't like this with any of the future updates. This waiting is terrible!

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

I really hope that sprint isn't like this with any of the future updates. This waiting is terrible!

Well Sprint just updated the HTC One Max today, so there's still hope.

gobyray

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

I'm trying so hard to stay positive here...grrr! Guess with the source code and kernal posted on LG's website it's giving the developers time to set up the proper root with ZVC (which was the same extension for the LG Esteem...which I had and was a breeze to root and flash).

trinamorgan88

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

Sprint told me that it should be released today. I'll believe it when it happens.

Sent from my LG G2 using TapaTalk

DWR_31

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

Sprint told me that it should be released today. I'll believe it when it happens.

Sprint can lie to me until they are yellow in the face.
I'm just gonna keep hitting update for the next 2 days.

Posted via my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2, K00949438Yd FRAMILY!

gobyray

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site

They are quickly running of time.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just gonna keep hitting update for the next 2 days.

Posted via my SPARK enabled Sprint LG G2, K00949438Yd FRAMILY!
I've been doing that since AT&T updated their G2's.....back in February!