Standby Numbers are Excellent

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Just managed 3% drain in 12 hours. Using Greenify, Hello Jasmine 4.2.2 Version 3 ROM and stock kernel with over-sharpening fix. Connected to home WiFi the whole time.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1421592652738.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1421592652738.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 91

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have experienced similar performance. Always unplug at 5am and with minimal use will be at 95% by noon.
Normal use (email, calls, text....) puts me around 90%.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^You're both longtime owners. Would you say that you've cared for those batteries?

Posted via the Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
^^^You're both longtime owners. Would you say that you've cared for those batteries?

Stock battery from July when I bought it.

Never drained below 5%. I charge often throughout the day unless I'm sleeping. Rarely is my phone charging through the night, especially with such great standby drain. I consider the battery cared for as my phone does not suffer from overheating, which kills batteries due to high heat.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Not really, I use the phone all day and put it on the charger at night (usually between 10 and 11) and remove in the morning (5am)...that's about it..
Some days it goes on the charger with 75% and others 40% or less. My phone is used as my primary office phone for calls, emails, texts, opening and viewing documents....some surfing, Nav, etc. I do not play games or spend endless hours watching videos but will listen to Pandora while driving.
I have yet to run the battery down completely. As with xocomaox, no overheating (on either unit, this my second).
Not sure I could ask for better performance from the battery.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
So many users - I'm not talking about G3 only - experience problems or at least perceived problems with their batteries, where other users don't, that it's worth trying to understand why. Bad charging methods, battery and device manufacturing variations, device set-up, signal quality etc., must all be relevant but it sometimes seems that an element of the inexplicable remains.
Thx to both for your feedback.

mission_mode

Aug 4, 2011
Visit site
I feel like I get this kind of standby without any special apps installed. Now I'm not exactly a new android user so there's likely things that I did the day I got the phone to help it's battery life which I've already forgotten after 6 weeks but I usually get home from work and charge my phone, then once it's full I unplug it. In the morning when I want to leave for work it's usually still at 100% and often even with a couple checks of Facebook/Email I've seen 100% 2 hours further into my day.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I feel like I get this kind of standby without any special apps installed. Now I'm not exactly a new android user so there's likely things that I did the day I got the phone to help it's battery life which I've already forgotten after 6 weeks but I usually get home from work and charge my phone, then once it's full I unplug it. In the morning when I want to leave for work it's usually still at 100% and often even with a couple checks of Facebook/Email I've seen 100% 2 hours further into my day.

Measuring from 100% charge is not very accurate as this battery overcharges slightly. So your 100% is actually like 103%-106% or so. My screenshot was from 89% charged down to 86% which will accurately show drain. I hope this makes sense.

On another note, I switched to the SkyDragon 2.9.4 kernel which is giving me even better battery with no hit in performance numbers. Really liking it so far.

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Measuring from 100% charge is not very accurate as this battery overcharges slightly. So your 100% is actually like 103%-106% or so. My screenshot was from 89% charged down to 86% which will accurately show drain. I hope this makes sense.

Lol, this one goes to 11...

Posted via my Bloat-Free AT&T G3 Running Illusion ROM

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I just posted this over at XDA but I'll share my glory here as well. I'll provide a detailed account of what my usage was like. I consider this light to moderate usage as I didn't do any huge downloads, no video or picture taking, and barely played any games.

I charged my phone to 100% at about 3:00pm yesterday and have been using it until 8:40am this morning. I read a lot of manga on it for about 4.5 hours collectively and did some web browsing for a while and pinning stuff in Pinterest. Most of the time on WiFi and updated about 6 apps through the Play store. I also ran an Antutu benchmark late in the night which scored 39,075 (not bad). Then it sat overnight for 6.5 hours losing about 2%. In the morning I opened a few games up to get daily rewards (20 minutes of time) and watched a full-screen YouTube video on mute for about 15 minutes.

A majority of the time my phone's brightness was anywhere to 35-45% brightness managed by Lux. For about 45 minutes it was on very low brightness while reading manga in bed (like -35% according to Lux). It's my night mode and it works very well when you are in a pitch black room reading a black and white comic.

During all of this I texted my wife some (15 texts?) will full volume short ringtone and vibration on and took two short calls under 3 minutes each with moderate earpiece volume. No speakerphone.

Running Hello Jasmine 3.0 ROM with SkyDragon kernel.

3cbaf9f5edc8f1471993d8a627585cbe.jpg

2.9.4 SykDragon Kernel settings:

Intelliplug ON
MPDecision OFF
Multi core Power saving 2
GPU Governor: msmandreno-tz
FIOPS
Cubic TCP
2048 Read Ahead
CPU Governor: Interactive

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Here are my results for moderate to hard usage, in reference to my post from yesterday. It's the same general things I touched on before only more time spent gaming, more downloading both on and off WiFi (4G-LTE) and less time spent reading manga, which is the lightest use because it's basically all screen (hence the screen percentage differences).

I am very pleased with these numbers, as I still have a good 30 minutes left of battery.

Attachments

• 5.0.jpg
    5.0.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 7

parxuk

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I really need to learn how to root my phone and get rid of Lollipop.

If i could only get those kind of stats i might not regret having bought this phone as much as i do!

Am i correct in thinking there is no way to put a custom ROM on at the moment because im on Lollipop? Ive tried looking into it all on XDA and it confuses the hell out of me!

Thierry Henry

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I really need to learn how to root my phone and get rid of Lollipop.

If i could only get those kind of stats i might not regret having bought this phone as much as i do!

Am i correct in thinking there is no way to put a custom ROM on at the moment because im on Lollipop? Ive tried looking into it all on XDA and it confuses the hell out of me!

You need to go back to Kitkat, and then root the phone to be able to install a custom recovery like TWRP and through that you can flash ROMS. Do some research on XDA developers website you will find all the info you need.

Last edited: