Step by step Light Flow instuctions

Kale27

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any?

I have searched all over and everyone says this app is the bees knees. But for the life of my I cannot get it to work with text messages. (It appears to be working with Gmail). It has to be something simple and I feel dumber than a sack of hammers right now.

I had Handcent and then read that someone had better luck with Go SMS pro so I removed Handcent in favor of the latter. I did buy the pro version of Light Flow as it appeared to have more granular control.

What I have checked:
-Phone
Display > Settings > Pulse Notification Light > Checked

-Light Flow Pro
Enable Light Flow > Checked
Direct Mode > Unchecked
Run in Foreground > Checked
(rest is stock)

-Go SMS Pro
Notification Settings > Default Notification settings > LED settings > Blink LED > Checked

This should be it, right? I'm tempted to just wipe the whole phone and start over but I'm sure I am missing something...

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't downloaded this app at all, but I can't help but wonder, if the phone has the LED, and most of the apps it should work with have options for it, why doesn't it work by default? I figured, like most phones, it would light up while charging, but it didn't. It also doesn't light up when I get any notifications. So why is it that a separate app is needed to make it work?

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Go into light flow > notifications > and scroll down to go SMS. Select it then choose the color and everything.

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
This is a hard app to set up because there are soo many options

I had to email the developer a few times for help and he was kind enough to respond

...but let me tell you once you get it up and running correctly its amazzzzing!!

make sure when you go into notifications and you select something, for example SMS

you have both the entire notification checked on and the light notification for that particular notification checked on

there are a lot of other types of notifications other than light such as vibrate and sound, those have to be checked on/off individually like the light notification

kaze06

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why people think Light Flow is so hard to understand....if you spend more than five minutes looking and comprehending the settings, its easy to set up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Reactions: 18TGTI04

kaze06

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Tasker is indeed an app that requires serious learning and understanding...but that is the boon that comes with an application that gives you incredible power over your phone. Light Flow is actually rather simple, just flexible. If it had less flexibility, people would complain that it has no practical use and is too dull

Bobaroo

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have mine set to be a solid yellowish light while charging and once completely charged moves to a solid green light. This app is awesome and there are so many options to chose from

anon(392846)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
So far, it appears that the LED will not light while the phone screen is active, even if it's dim, like while charging. Lightflow is a nice app though.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Haven't been able to really test it out, but am I the only one that had stability problems setting the app up? Every time I'd go into one of the notifications to edit the details, when I backed out, I'd get a blank screen, even if I backed to the main menu of the app then clicked "Notifications", it would still be blank. I'd have to back out of the app completely, then reopen it, in order to edit each one. About halfway through this process, my phone rebooted by itself.

dbdynsty25

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm receiving double sound notifications. What am I doing wrong?

I didn't do any sound/vibrate notifications in LightFlow...I controlled those from the actual application itself (ie gmail, sms, text, etc.). So LightFlow is literally ONLY doing the LED notification.

CBCstillmatic

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm receiving double sound notifications. What am I doing wrong?

This happens to me randomly every once in awhile too. I get my notification sound with a peice of my ringtone thrown in with it. I also get sounds and ringtones randomly with no reason behind it. the phone will ring but there is no call or text. Happened 2 or 3 times so not a huge problem but it has to be the app doing it cause I never noticed it before I got Lightflow. It always happens when I am away from my phone so I have not actually been able to see what is on the screen when it happens. By the time I get to my phone or my girlfriend tells me it rang I unlock the screen to find nothing, no missed call or text.

I can try uninstalling and re-installing but haven't yet or maybe I missed a setting for an app that is alerting Lightflow but I don't have set to alert me on the phone itself or something?

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Haven't been able to really test it out, but am I the only one that had stability problems setting the app up? Every time I'd go into one of the notifications to edit the details, when I backed out, I'd get a blank screen, even if I backed to the main menu of the app then clicked "Notifications", it would still be blank. I'd have to back out of the app completely, then reopen it, in order to edit each one. About halfway through this process, my phone rebooted by itself.

I noticed the app doing the same thing, myself. I just back completely out and re-launch, and things are fine. Never performed an unexpected reboot, however...

mhpspeed

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I got this today and it is working great, haven't played to much with the settings.

it says with root it can control the LED "s6e8aa0" is that the camera flash?

Kale27

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't see why people think Light Flow is so hard to understand....if you spend more than five minutes looking and comprehending the settings, its easy to set up.

Thanks for the tip!

I spent 6 minutes and it all became clear!
:p

But seriously I unchecked everything I had checked - then rechecked it and lo and behold it works! Will it always take precedence over other apps? i.e. Can I turn notifications off in Go SMS Pro or do they need to stay on? Just curious for curiosity's sake.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alakmalak