Straight Talk APN Settings for Internet and MMS for At&T Samsung Infuse i997

Currently Occupied

May 13, 2013
Visit site
HELP! I am getting so very frustrated, I can only sometimes access the Net on my Infuse with Straight Talk and cannot hear anything on phone calls. Text messages come and go just fine but picture messages come through far and few in between. Straight Talk of course says nothing is wrong on their end and it's all me. I can make phone calls perfectly through my PINGER app so I know it is not my phone. I have tried so many APNS through different threads. The following being the most common reoccurring one but I am not able to save that APN and MNC will not change to 410, 41 but not 410. But it doesn't matter any way because I am not able to save the APN. Please Help I am so frustrated.

Name: straight talk
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
Port: 80
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: mms2.tracfone.com
MMS port: 80
MCC:310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: none
APN type: not set

SteveCampsOut

May 29, 2012
Visit site
DO NOT put anything in MCC or MNC! The other settings are the only ones you should have to change! If it's not saving the APN at all, well, that I can't help you with other than to say call Samsung and start a trouble ticket! The should take it in for repairs under warranty if it's still covered.

eyberz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Name: Straight Talk
Apn: att.mvno
Proxy: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
MMS PROXY: 66.209.11.33
MCC: 310
MMC: 410
Authentication type: not set
Apn type: default,supl,mms
Bearer: unspecified

Use these apn settings for at&t straight talk sim.... talk text and data should all work perfectly :)...I have a at&t Samsung Galaxy s4 and was able to edit Apn settings without rooting or unlocking the phone. ..In settings in about phone hit build number 5 times to get into developer mode then you are able to edit the Apn settings.

Last edited:

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Name: Straight Talk
Apn: att.mvno
Proxy: not set
Username: not set
Password: not set
MMS PROXY: 66.209.11.33
MMC: 410
Authentication type: not set
Apn type: default,supl,mms
Bearer: unspecified

these apn settings for at&t straight talk sim.... talk text and data should all work perfectly :)

I am using these settings on a Note 2, Nexus 4 and 3 iPhones (4, 4s, 5) and have data/mms working on all.

Posted via Android Central App

jactaylor21

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Net10 Samsung S2 Skyrocket running Jellybean 4.1.2 and these are various settings to try on Straight Talk/Net10 phones. The 3rd Method is the one that worked for me all Internet and sending and receiving MMS is working:

NET10 BYOP APN Settings
I have two phones currently sharing one NET10 AT&T BYOP SIM card and wanted to share the APN settings, as they vary from one device to the next, even using the same SIM card.

Setup 1: (Samsung Captivate Glide)

Name: NET10
APN: wap.tracfone
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
User Name: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.32
MMS Port: 80
Authentication type: Not Set
APN type: Internet+mms+supl

Setup 2: (Motorola Atrix 2) - Initial settings & instructions as provided by NET10 CSR at NET10 Forums:

From the home screen, press Menu
Select "Settings"
Select "Wireless and networks"
(make sure that "Flight Mode" is unchecked)
Select "Mobile Networks"
(make sure that "Use packet data" is checked)
Select "Access Point Names"
Press Menu
Select "New APN"
The following fields appear:
Name: Straight Talk (or NET10)
User name: leave this field blank
Password: leave this field blank
Server: leave this field blank
Authentication type: None
APN type: Not Set
Press Menu
Select ?Save?
Power the phone off and back on.

Setup 3:

Name: NET10-Tracfone-Proxy

Setup 4:

Name: NET10-ATT-No Proxy
Proxy: Not Set
Port: Not Set
MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone.com

Setup 5:

Name: NET10-Tracfone-No Proxy
Proxy:
Port:

Notes: Based on setting up these two phones recently, I believe it's most likely that the initial phone provisioning is best done using one of the proxy setups, and that having a strong signal helps. Once the phone is activated and fully functioning, it's usually possible to switch away from the proxy servers that seem to give a lot of people trouble, based on what I see in the NET10 forums.

It is not required to unlock an AT&T based phone to use a NET10 (or Straight Talk) AT&T network SIM, although unlocking the phone will allow its use on other GSM networks, as long as the network supports 1900mhz for 3G/4G data.

Quoted from "TVCCS" on androidforums.com

dewwars

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
None of these work for me. In fact after I save any of them they don't even show up, tried it multiple times just to make sure I was typing each one in right.
I have a Motorola Atrix 4G with the ATT sim card.

Kadija Lieghnae

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
when i turn my phone off (shut down) everything on my phone is erased except my pictures and music... i dont understand its like i i have a new phone how can i save the settings so my phone does not do that???:confused:

Jordan Cline

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if this will help anyone else, but I was having problems getting my nexus 4 internet and MMS connection to work with the AT&T straight talk micro sim that I just bought, and I think it may have just been that I was in an area with a poor connection and possibly roaming. All morning I tried all the different settings I could find here on this thread and other places, but this afternoon when I was in a different city where the signal is much stronger, I went back to the settings straight talk gives on their website here Support | Straight Talk and It worked just fine. Hope that helps someone.

auhollid

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok I started out with the settings listed above. They did not work. I then changed to the settings listed on the ST website. Those have worked for two weeks, but today they are no longer working??? I am using a Samsung infuse with an ATT sim card from ST.

I also tried to download H2O config - that didnt help either...

wolfsden3

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
This apn crap is the biggest bunch of crap on the face of the planet...well, in the 1st world anyway :p

I rest my apn's back to default, when in the apn settings on my nexus 4 I click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and "Reset to default" > reboot > when it came back up there were 3 in the list:

T-Mobile US
TracFone
- wap.tracfone
TracFone
- simple

I selected the TracFone with wap.tracfone and made NO CHANGES to the settings. I might have rebooted, the browser cache isn't cleared so it looked like it wasn't working but then I got 4 emails so it was working I just didn't know it. I then tried a website I know I hadn't gone to and it worked.

JESUS what a monumental f'ing waste of time. I called ST support and lit them up about this crap.

Finally I'm plugged back into the Matrix!

jacksonville utv

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
CAN ANY ONE HELP I have HTC with ATT whiched to straight talk SIM , CANNOT GET PICTURE MESSAGING TO WORK??? nternet and texts work but no picture messaging? CAN SOMEone PLEASE HELP .I have tried many APN Settings can get every thing to work but not picture messages? Also has any one been able to get mobile hot spot to work?

Last edited:

RobbyWill

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with my Motorola Atrix 2. It is an unlocked phone. After speaking with 4 people at StriaghtTalk, I finally got a solution. These are their "new" settings:
(Motorola Atrix 2)

From the home screen, press Menu
Select "Settings"
Select "Wireless and networks"
(make sure that "Flight Mode" is unchecked)
Select "Mobile Networks"
(make sure that "Use packet data" is checked)
Select "Access Point Names"
Press Menu
Select "New APN"
The following fields appear:
Name: Straight Talk (or NET10)
APN: tfdata
Proxy: Not set
User name: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
Authentication type: Not set
APN protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
Press Menu
Select “Save”
Power the phone off and back on.
I hope this helps.

cb1000rider

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Having the same issue on a Nexus 4. I can send SMS, but can't receive them. Everything else is fine.
It looks like the only way to debug further is to root the phone and install CatLog (or other logger) and see what's going on.

bscw

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
The above settings were the one's straight talk gave me also except for one wrong entry on the MMSC you need to use 2 forward slashes not 2 back slashes after the colon. After you save your new APN setting you'll need to go to your browser, pull down your menu, open settings, open privacy & security and then clear cache, clear history, clear all cookie data, and clear form data then power down for 60 sec and power up. Once I changed this my mobil network came to life.

scx10

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
att motorola atrix, byop with straight talk. I couldnt get mms messages or send them half the time, had to download [go sms pro] from app store. Everything works now. Took me week and a half to finally get everything to work. No help from ST though. Customer service sux. Go sms pro is better then the regular messaging app anyways. I used ST apn settings and go sms pro

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali