strange and frustrating

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
So yesterday all 3 members of my household noticed we had no cell service (Verizon southeast Michigan) can't make calls or receive calls. We'd had a big storm the night before so we assumed it was something related to that. Spent an hour conversing with Verizon who says no outages reported did a bunch of troubleshooting (frustrating since it's all 3 phones not 1) and the only solution was they submitted a ticket and will get back to me in 3-5 days?! So... anyone have any ideas why all phones in 1 household might have no service? My mom who lives 1/2 mile away has no problems. When we're at home we have wifi (although wifi calling does NOT work either) once we leave the house, we can't make nor receive calls nor texts. Actually no phone calls at home either since wifi calling doesn't work either. Any ideas at all? Verizon tech support really sounded like they had absolutely no clue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does everyone have a Z Fold4, or different phones?

You already tried Reset Network Settings, right?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Does everyone have a Z Fold4, or different phones?

You already tried Reset Network Settings, right?

All different phones. Yesterday Verizon had me reset the network settings yes. Today I went out and tried to make a phone call and now get this message. Odd. I'm still wondering if this has something to do with the storm from the other night even though Verizon is claiming no outages. I really don't get how a whole household could get booted off the Verizon network and yes lol the bill is paid

Attachments

• 1000002126.jpg
    1000002126.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 28

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to a Verizon store and ask if you need a replacement SIM. Or see if they can reprovision the phone remotely.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Verizon are showing issues in the Michigan area. See outage map, here...

https://downdetector.com/status/verizon/map/

Here is a list of steps that you can try to resolve the issue if it is not a Verizon problem with their network...

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-not-re...r operating,carrier is experiencing an outage.

My money is on Verizon if all 3 phones are experiencing the same problem. Hope it helps or is resolved soon.
Yeah true all 3 device probably Verizon

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
But why would 3 different phones belonging to 3 different people all need new sim cards on the same day?

Good point. But if Verizon had some major issue with their network affecting a certain number of customers, then I can imagine a situation where they restored service, but somehow deprovisioned some phones in the process.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Good point. But if Verizon had some major issue with their network affecting a certain number of customers, then I can imagine a situation where they restored service, but somehow deprovisioned some phones in the process.

Ah ok. Well I imagine if this doesn't improve by tomorrow I will visit the Verizon store. Thanks

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Verizon finally saying it was an outage in my area caused by a cut fiber. Got a very weak 4G signal today, hopefully it gets better soon! Thanks everyone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Verizon finally saying it was an outage in my area caused by a cut fiber. Got a very weak 4G signal today, hopefully it gets better soon! Thanks everyone.

I'm glad they finally owned up to it! You'd think the initial support agent would've looked into this as the first possibility.:-\

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad they finally owned up to it! You'd think the initial support agent would've looked into this as the first possibility.:-\

They did, in fact 3 of them did over a couple of days and it kept saying no outage. The last rep I spoke with told me she had to reach out to her "lead" because they have more tools to use and then that's when the outage showed. How stupid to not give your front line employees that information! Was a waste of my time for sure with all the phone calls and the crazy troubleshooting steps they had me do. Oh well.