Streaming Battery Life.

BigMace23

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
This could be dependent on multiple factors. Steaming something like pandora could drain a lot or little depending on your data service. If you have full 4G service you will see some noticeable drain but nothing so bad it will die in a matter of hours. That can't be said if you have low 4G service. An idea if battery life is a problem for you... download the app Phone Info or Device Info, can't remember the name off the top of my head and use that to disable the 4G radios so it will only stream on 3G and therefore draining less battery.

Just streaming data from 4g does not drain your battery faster than streaming from 3g, in fact it should be better on battery life because the radios are active for a shorter time since the songs are able to load faster. Its the constant searching for/switching from 3g to 4g that causes the most battery drain. If you're in an area with stable a stable network, your battery life shouldn't be too much worse than if you were streaming on wifi. Enjoy the speed of 4g when its available

varucell

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Just streaming data from 4g does not drain your battery faster than streaming from 3g, in fact it should be better on battery life because the radios are active for a shorter time since the songs are able to load faster. Its the constant searching for/switching from 3g to 4g that causes the most battery drain. If you're in an area with stable a stable network, your battery life shouldn't be too much worse than if you were streaming on wifi. Enjoy the speed of 4g when its available

I am starting to think there is a problem with double twist eating up way too much battery then a problem with the phone. I need to find something else for podcasts. Anyone have any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia