[Studio 7.0 II][Urgent] Help with finding a ROM Please or How to extract System.img from device

SigmundSL

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
Well people, at this point I'm BEGGING for help; thanks in advance and I'll be specific and provide all the details on the situation.

My wife has a BLU Studio 7.0 II S480L, that seems to be a Latin American version of the same (S480U), and some days ago the device got a virus, or that's what I thought.

In Malwarebytes Mobile it flagged a system app (Provisions.apk) as a malware (Andro/Trojan.Andup.e)

Image link:
photo_2016-05-08_08-39-59_zpssmhlkmoa.jpg

So because Malwarebytes failed to clean it up, I decided to be a good idea to Root the thing up with Kingroot, replace the chinese Root admin with SuperSU-me and clean it manually (something that I've did before with LG and Samsung devices with success.)

Well, everything went fine until SuperSU failed to replace the su binary and needed to restart the thing up, then device got Softbricked.

Currently I know for fact that I have a Kingroot SU binary installed, I think that I don't have ADB enabled on Developer Options and also that Fastboot is working and I can do "fastboot oem unlock" if needed. I have fairly medium/advanced computing skills so don't worry with complex steps, I'll be able to follow them properly.

The complete idea is one of the following:

A/ Find the correct ROM/Software to flash the thing up to factory state
B/ Extract the ROM system.img somehow, edit it up and clean it manually, following the information provided by the Root Integrity status that the Factory Recovery of Blu has.
C/ Find the AOSP sources and recompile the entire thing up, oem-unlock it and flash it

The device specific information is:
BLU Studio 7.0 II Model S480L in Gold color, Latin American
Processor Mediatek MT8382 w/ Mali400 MP2
1Gb RAM
8Gb ROM
3G HSDPA+
Android 5.0 Lollipop
Software: BLU_S480L_V10_GENERIC // BLU_S480L_V10_GENERIC 02-09-2015 12:18

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Moved to the Blu forum, since the issue is more specific to the phone than to Lollipop in general.