Subscription Options

jtphenom

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks,

Can someone please tell me how to immediately subscribe to all threads I post in or create? I am unable to find where I can view and change my notification settings. I see where I can do it on a thread-by-thread basis, but even that doesn't seem to be working! lol

Thanks for any help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you're on the desktop site, look at the top right just above the first post, and find "Thread Tools." Click on that, then select "Subscribe to this thread."

EDIT: Oh, I just realized that you're asking how to do it automatically, without having to do it each time, correct? Let me look into that ...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On the desktop site, click on "Settings" under your name and next to your avatar, then click "General Settings." You'll find an option for "Default thread subscription mode"--choose how you want to be alerted about new activity for threads, and then any thread you're active in will be automatically subscribed to.

jtphenom

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok on my desktop, I'm clicking on "WELCOME JTPHENOM" with the gear beside it. Then I have two choices: Your Account and Forum Settings. Both of them take me to the same page, and my avatar is on that page, but there is no General Settings option. The page it takes me to when I click either option is a page on passport.mobilenations.com. What's even more strange is that, when I hover over the Forum Settings link, at the bottom where it tells you what URL it's supposed to take you to, it shows a page on forums.androidcentral.com. But then when you click that link, like I said, it goes to the passport site instead.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's odd. I'd show you a screenshot of what's on my monitor, but I'm currently at work and can't install any kind of screenshot capture program on these computers.

You're entering www.forums.androidcentral.com, correct? Does that bring you to the Android Central site? Now, when you're logged in, what do you see on the left, under the main Android Central banner and the accompanying ad? I have my avatar, and to the right of it my username, and below my username a gear labeled "Settings" with a down arrow right next to it that brings up a dropdown menu, and right next to that an inbox count (right now it says "0 New").

jtphenom

May 27, 2013
Visit site
That's odd. I'd show you a screenshot of what's on my monitor, but I'm currently at work and can't install any kind of screenshot capture program on these computers.
If you're using Windows 7, you can use Snip. :)

You're entering www.forums.androidcentral.com, correct? Does that bring you to the Android Central site? Now, when you're logged in, what do you see on the left, under the main Android Central banner and the accompanying ad? I have my avatar, and to the right of it my username, and below my username a gear labeled "Settings" with a down arrow right next to it that brings up a dropdown menu, and right next to that an inbox count (right now it says "0 New").
I figured out my problem. I was looking at the very top of the page, right-hand side, and clicking that gear, and I was completely missing the section you told me about that's a little lower on the page. But I've got it all figured out now. Thank you!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777