Sudden battery issue

Yuki23

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had my galaxy s5 for almost two months and up until this past weekend the battery life was great. I could leave my wifi on and even without using any of the power saving options or restricting the background data it would be good for at least two days. Now suddenly, even though I can't recall downloading anything new and without changing any of my other habits, it's dying in no time at all. I've made sure all the apps were off, turned off the background data and turned on the power saving features yet, despite all of that, the battery went from 85% down to 30% in less than 3 hours. I've been reduced to tuning on the gray-scale power saver and even then its lost another 10% in only an hour and a half. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened or how to fix it?

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Please see the following thread for my thoughts:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/400118-can-you-help.html

I've had my galaxy s5 for almost two months and up until this past weekend the battery life was great. I could leave my wifi on and even without using any of the power saving options or restricting the background data it would be good for at least two days. Now suddenly, even though I can't recall downloading anything new and without changing any of my other habits, it's dying in no time at all. I've made sure all the apps were off, turned off the background data and turned on the power saving features yet, despite all of that, the battery went from 85% down to 30% in less than 3 hours. I've been reduced to tuning on the gray-scale power saver and even then its lost another 10% in only an hour and a half. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened or how to fix it?

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
As you can see by the posted thread, exactly the same as me.... At almost exactly the same time.... I wonder if Googles server have starting pulling data somewhere....

Thinking about it, mine had. Major SwiftKey update at around the time of the downfall.... I wonder if that could be draining it.

Posted via Android Central App

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Every time Google+ updates itself it drains my battery. I used to uninstall updates but then it would just drain the battery on the next update. So I have stopped Google+ from synching and doing anything and my battery life is great again. I can go 2 days on one charge now.

S5_GJH

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I have just uninstalled all updates from a bunch of Google crap (google+, newsstand, books etc) and disabled them to see if that helps.

Yuki23

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
So after listening to the advice of several helpful people I did the following and it seems to have solved the problem. 1) I cleared the cache on all my apps 2) downloaded GSam Battery Monitor to help track what was draining my battery and 3) downloaded the Lookout Security app. I've given it a few days now and my phone seems to be back to normal power-consumption wise so I figured I would post this as a potential solution for anyone else with the same issue.

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
A handful of times since I've gotten my phone in April I have an issue where my battery drops insanely quickly...it actually used to happen with my S3 also. I just close all apps, restart it (sometimes twice) and it's back to normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katcragon