Super Clean Rom (Dj05) Version 0.8

zakth

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Just seen on Rom Manager that Super Clean 0.8 is out rocking Dj05. I'm installing it now as I noticed a significant battery drain with the previous rom I was using.

baron4406

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that this morning on xda, I'm running his DJ 05 version 0.7 clean rom so I dunno if its worth flashing it to be honest. I'm getting tired of having to completely set up my phone from scratch tho titanium backup makes it alot easier. I wanda see if there are any improvements first

Chris3D

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
That's precisely why I haven't jumped on the DJ05 ship yet. I'm getting such good battery life now, I'm not willing to risk loosing it just to gain a relative few fixes, mainly just the GPS. I'd love to know exactly what was done to the 0.4 version of SuperClean to get such good battery life out of it. It's significantly better than any other ROM I've tried.

propellerhead

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Why do you find yourself having to completely rebuild your phone settings? I've migrated from rooted stock to SuperClean (DI01) 0.4 to SuperClean (DJ05) 0.7 and now to SuperClean 0.8 with no need to restore or rebuild any personalization settings. The only thing 0.7 did was overwrite the de-Binged browser I had installed. I've since jumped on the Dolphin bandwagon. A wipe of Dalvik cache was necessary to clean up some FC issues but that has nothing to do with any personalization.

If you enjoy using any GPS functionality, moving over to DJ05 is well worth the 10 minutes it takes to upgrade. The TTFL performance is soooo much more reliable. You still might see some longish (but normal) lock times after a reboot but at least it is consistent. Throw in a BLN compatible kernel and the unbloated Fascinate becomes 98% of the phone it should have been when delivered from Verizon. The only thing missing for me is Flash.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am running JT's DJ05 Clean .3 as it has a few things not removed that I wanted. I saw decent battery life with it but it seemed to go downhill after I changed my theme. Not sure if this is really possible. I have not wiped at all at this point. I have played with a few kernels. Seems like LV kernels don't really mean better battery for my phone...

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I assume that this ROM requires self-applying the radio/modem firmware as described in the other threads about getting started with DJ05? Or did they manage to fit it all in the context of rom manager?

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I still like Blackhole the best because you can customize the Rom so much and remove so much more. JT's Clean Rom is good but he leaves stuff on there that I don't want or removes stuff that I want. For those of you who have DJ05 and want more freedom with your Rom, try the Blackhole Rom. It's also on Rom Manager.

propellerhead

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I assume that this ROM requires self-applying the radio/modem firmware as described in the other threads about getting started with DJ05? Or did they manage to fit it all in the context of rom manager?

Yes, you must flash the DJ05 modem firmware via Odin.

I still like Blackhole the best because you can customize the Rom so much and remove so much more. JT's Clean Rom is good but he leaves stuff on there that I don't want or removes stuff that I want. For those of you who have DJ05 and want more freedom with your Rom, try the Blackhole Rom. It's also on Rom Manager.

I might give it a try.

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
can anyone help like explain how to even use these things?
There are good sticky threads around here explaining how to flash Roms. You first need Root access, you then need Clockwork, and then probably install Rom Manager from Market. Again, there are really good step by step instructions and good information in the sticky threads here. XDA also has good step by steps. Try reading through some of that stuff and then post back if you have any questions, but you should start reading first to familiarize yourself with the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I get great battery life on dj05 but i also use juice defender beta. I listen to music about 3-6 hrs a day while im at work and fb and bw weather both update every 15 min. Other than that i'd say mild/moderate useage and i can go a whole day and still be at 35-40% before i put my phone on the charger when i go to sleep.

I would say dj05 is worth it, but we'll see what other upgrades come out soon. If you dont have dj05 it might be almost just waiting to see what else comes out. If we ever get froyo.

ryan301.storm

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
There are good sticky threads around here explaining how to flash Roms. You first need Root access, you then need Clockwork, and then probably install Rom Manager from Market. Again, there are really good step by step instructions and good information in the sticky threads here. XDA also has good step by steps. Try reading through some of that stuff and then post back if you have any questions, but you should start reading first to familiarize yourself with the process.

Let us know how it goes.

hey i did what u said and looked around and i installed cwm but now when i go to rom manager and press flash clockwork it says "error: while downloadingfrom server. Please make sure that you have a stable internet connection and that your SD card is free of space." what does this mean ??

geocomp

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I get great battery life on dj05 but i also use juice defender beta. I listen to music about 3-6 hrs a day while im at work and fb and bw weather both update every 15 min. Other than that i'd say mild/moderate useage and i can go a whole day and still be at 35-40% before i put my phone on the charger when i go to sleep.

I would say dj05 is worth it, but we'll see what other upgrades come out soon. If you dont have dj05 it might be almost just waiting to see what else comes out. If we ever get froyo.

What ROM and Kernel are you using? Seems like you battery life is alot better than mine. Of course I am still using the stock rom and kernel.

Have you seen any better signal since changing Rom/Kernel?

SOTK

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to understand how you installed clockwork. A) Did you install a program on your computer entitled "Odin" and then flash clockworkmod on your phone through Odin OR b) Did you install ROM Manager and thinking you're flashing it through there?

You have to flash through Odin first and THEN you download and install through ROM Manager. It's a two steps process.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ryan301.storm

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to understand how you installed clockwork. A) Did you install a program on your computer entitled "Odin" and then flash clockworkmod on your phone through Odin OR b) Did you install ROM Manager and thinking you're flashing it through there?

You have to flash through Odin first and THEN you download and install through ROM Manager. It's a two steps process.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

ok first i downloaded odin, then the clock work.tar file, put my phone in download mode, and opened odin then i got the yellow bar too appear, then clicked PDA then chose the clockwork file, then pressed start. it installs the kernel and recovery, says it passed then i put battery back in and start up phone. go to rom manager and the error message comes up when i flash threw rom manager.

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
ok first i downloaded odin, then the clock work.tar file, put my phone in download mode, and opened odin then i got the yellow bar too appear, then clicked PDA then chose the clockwork file, then pressed start. it installs the kernel and recovery, says it passed then i put battery back in and start up phone. go to rom manager and the error message comes up when i flash threw rom manager.

If it's the error during "flash clockwork" that you mentioned above; if you flash clockwork with Odin you dont need to bother doing it with Rom manager. Use Rom manager to install the rom...

Also FYI, JT just updated this rom to v 0.9 so if you havent flashed the rom yet get the latest one from the xda link and start from there. Google maps 5.0 for the winzzz!

joebob2000

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Another question that I feel a little bad about asking on XDA...

What do you think the point of including bash, nano, and strace were? Developers who want to do work via adb shell?