Swiping between homescreens just not that smooth?

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
So I'm gonna say this: swiping between homescreens on the Epic is not BAD, but it ain't the smoothest thing in the world either. At times, it can be jerky or a lag half a second. Again, it isnt too bad, but just isn't as smooth as the iPhone (sorry, but I had to). Phone's like the HTC Desire, HTC Incredible, Aria - all the HTC Sense phones - have very smooth homescreen scrolling (except the Evo, I dont know why but the smoothness of homescreen scrolling is even worse than the Epic). All Galaxy S phones, including the Captivate and the Vibrant, suffer from this as well I have noticed.

Perhaps a fix with Froyo? Does this bother anyone else?

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
So I'm gonna say this: swiping between homescreens on the Epic is not BAD, but it ain't the smoothest thing in the world either. At times, it can be jerky or a lag half a second. Again, it isnt too bad, but just isn't as smooth as the iPhone (sorry, but I had to). Phone's like the HTC Desire, HTC Incredible, Aria - all the HTC Sense phones - have very smooth homescreen scrolling (except the Evo, I dont know why but the smoothness of homescreen scrolling is even worse than the Epic). All Galaxy S phones, including the Captivate and the Vibrant, suffer from this as well I have noticed.

Perhaps a fix with Froyo? Does this bother anyone else?

It's not jerky at all for me :confused:

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
android has never been as smooth as iOS in the UI.. it's just the nature of the beast

My old school 1st gen Ipod Touch has smoother UI than the EVO I played with

ywenz

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
For those are saying it's smooth. How do you quantify it as smooth? You have to describe the performance relative to something else so we have a frame of reference.

Apple iOS is always smoother than any Android UI.

Eazail70x7

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the Droid X live wall paper and scrolling is exactly as smooth as my iphone. It is so smooth and not jittery at all for me. Try it!

raiderep

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well if you wanted something to compare it to the previous youtube video is just like mine, very smooth and fluid with live wallpapers as well.

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
Your's ins't this silky smooth?

YouTube - DSCN0314.MOV

See, here lies the problem. In my book, that is NOT smooth. I can see jerks while he is swiping between homescreens. It's as if the screen does not respond the instant his finger touches the screen, and thus catches up to the half-second delay, resulting in that VERY minimal (still existent nonetheless) delay or jerking.

You might think I'm picky, and say something like "dude its not a big deal, you can barely see the jerking, its smooth enough. But with the iPhone 4 out there, which is the same class as the Epic (the Epic is actually $50 MORE with a new contract), I'm allowed to be picky on this (I'm talking as far as the cost for the PHONE itself, let's not talking about plan prices, its irrelevent).

dvdqnoc

Oct 10, 2009
Visit site
android has never been as smooth as iOS in the UI.. it's just the nature of the beast

My old school 1st gen Ipod Touch has smoother UI than the EVO I played with

LauncherPro can provide VERY smooth scrolling (granted you have a processor and enough memory to allows it). Even the SenseUI on HTC devices (minus the Evo, as I mentioned before) has very smooth homescreen scrolling. So I know it's possible...

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
See, here lies the problem. In my book, that is NOT smooth. I can see jerks while he is swiping between homescreens. It's as if the screen does not respond the instant his finger touches the screen, and thus catches up to the half-second delay, resulting in that VERY minimal (still existent nonetheless) delay or jerking.

You might think I'm picky, and say something like "dude its not a big deal, you can barely see the jerking, its smooth enough. But with the iPhone 4 out there, which is the same class as the Epic (the Epic is actually $50 MORE with a new contract), I'm allowed to be picky on this (I'm talking as far as the cost for the PHONE itself, let's not talking about plan prices, its irrelevent).

Actually, you get less storage for 200 on an iphone 4. Its not jerky. Its pretty smooth. When I read the post, I loaded up the camera, woke up the phone and swiped. The iPhone doesn't have crap moving in the background either. And yes, you must be very picky.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac