system update...

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just got notified of a system update. Anyone know what this is? Says I have to hook up to a computer to do the update?

Posted via the Android Central App

Jim Ness

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I installed it. Still Android 4.4.4, but the kernal build date is changed to November 25, and there was mention when booting of an NFC update. Otherwise, I don't see any obvious changes.

ibbyj

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Only change I noticed, which may not be a change at all is the ability to toggle the persistent google search widget on and off from the home screen editor.

leeland48

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
With regards to the update I cannot do it, it keeps telling me to close applications which I have done then a box appears to retry. Box with Windows coming up saying problem with the programme? Just getting so frustrating now, how can I do it.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Is this all for the NFC? It took like an hour to download the dang thing. I want some goodies.. Lol

ryaninc

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
There are a few cool things in this, but they're small. The Album app now has a new photo editor tool and it kinda rocks. Drawing, stamps, filters. Lots of new stuff.

Another helpful thing is that the Xperia Updater app won't bother you about disabled apps anymore. Before, if you disabled Walkman, for example, the updater would still pester you to update the Walkman app. Now, if you've disabled people it, no update notifications. That's nice.

That's all I've noticed so far.

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
With regards to the update I cannot do it, it keeps telling me to close applications which I have done then a box appears to retry. Box with Windows coming up saying problem with the programme? Just getting so frustrating now, how can I do it.
Final screen of update says:
Run PC companion again and it gives the option to correct errors.
So it's worth a look.

KarinaLW

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I can't get it to upgrade either. The Sony Bridge for Mac gets as far as an "Initializing" screen, then returns this Error Message

"Cannot connect to the update engine. Please allow Java to finish installation if asked for.
Press 'Continue' to retry."

anon(5316299)

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I think there have been some changes to the camera software or firmware. In particular, Superior Auto mode appears to have gotten much better processing algorithms in low light. Before the update, low light photos resulted in blocky, overprocessed images. Now, I'm seeing highly detailed images that look more like what I would expect from a 20.7MP sensor (even if it's oversampling). Anyone else see the same thing?

novahob

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Mark text message as read in the notification drop down is in this firmware. Quiet like this functionality

Sent from my Z3C

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys87