T-Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S6

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 - T-Mobile

Looks like they ported my number before the phone even shipped. What a headache.

Posted via Android Central App

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site

When I completed my order, it said I'd get it April 6. However, now T-Mobile shows my phone as shipped and has a tracking number. UPS shows that the phone will arrive to me Monday, 3/30 in the afternoon. I stated it before, but in case it matters, I got the 64GB, Black, regular S6.

What shipping method did you use?

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

5dfa6f748b0bdecb8389330cf6513f1d.jpg

I lucked out. Got mine this morning.

Woo hoo

Jordan Miera

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

Congrats!!! Could you please compare signal strength (dBm) with other phones if you still have other phones lying around? Also, I know it's still very early, but I'd love to hear initial battery life impressions whenever you get of a feel for it.

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

So close and yet so far...just noticed on my UPS app that mine has arrived at and already left their East Boston facility. It's scheduled for Monday but I wonder if there's any chance I could get it today?

UPDATE: Just called and asked and they said nuh-uh, won't be taken off transport and sorted for delivery until Monday morning. Must......be.....patient......

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

Looks like they ported my number before the phone even shipped. What a headache.

I hate when that happens. Thats why I never port out my number if im buying a phone online. I wait to I get it first then call the carrier to port over.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

What shipping method did you use?

I picked ground, the cheapest method. T-Mobile site still says it's coming on April 6, but UPS tracking shows Monday. I wonder if they'll add a hold to it like Apple does on iPhone launches.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

I just got a text message that said tracking information will not be available prior to the launch date. I don't know if that means the devices are being held or if just the tracking info is..

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site

That's odd. I ordered through customer service, and mentioned I need to port in. She didn't want any information and told me to do it once I receive the phone.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

I just got a text message that said tracking information will not be available prior to the launch date. I don't know if that means the devices are being held or if just the tracking info is..

I got the same text, but minutes later they emailed me my tracking number and mine shows delivery for this Monday the 30th. Not sure what is going on.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site

I got the same text, but minutes later they emailed me my tracking number and mine shows delivery for this Monday the 30th. Not sure what is going on.
Same situation here. But now my tracking number is showing progress. It's at my local hub ready for Monday delivery. Tmobile gained some major points with me with this early preorder delivery.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Meh I wouldn't bother about the text message since the tracking is already active and the phone is already half way to destination. I'm expecting delivery on Monday as mentioned in the tracking. I don't see any logical reason for asking ups to hold on delivery. They would have not shipped in the first place if they didn't want to deliver before launch date.

And also, if they had asked ups to hold on delivery the tracking would have been updated with the delivery exception message saying that delivery date is changed blah blah.

Posted via the Android Central App

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

Meh I wouldn't bother about the text message since the tracking is already active and the phone is already half way to destination. I'm expecting delivery on Monday as mentioned in the tracking. I don't see any logical reason for asking ups to hold on delivery. They would have not shipped in the first place if they didn't want to deliver before launch date.

And also, if they had asked ups to hold on delivery the tracking would have been updated with the delivery exception message saying that delivery date is changed blah blah.

Posted via the Android Central App

My wife's iPhone 6 was shipped early and then held at the UPS distribution center until the day of launch. However, the UPS tracking for that phone did state that it was being held pending shipper's request.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S6 - T-Mobile

My wife's iPhone 6 was shipped early and then held at the UPS distribution center until the day of launch. However, the UPS tracking for that phone did state that it was being held pending shipper's request.

Yep that's why I mentioned that in my original quote. It's happened to me also for iPhone shipments from Apple so that everyone receives at launch day.

So we are all fine to receive our phones on Monday

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali