Technical Nightmare

mannyoperator

Oct 7, 2023
Visit site
I already asked 10 people who identifies themselves as technicians on how to unblock my phone (revvl 6 pro 5g) without wiping out my data, but no one has a fix. I set the 4 digit pin to access the phone but it doesn't work anymore. Maybe the problem is my memory (didn't write that pin down somewhere) but this has turned in a real nightmare for me. I understand that google stores some data but I'm not sure how much of it. May someone, please, have some advice? Thanks a lot in advance.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can go to settings>lock screen >screen lock type and use maybe password or pattern could be easier to remember than a pin? Also settings>Lock screen>secure lock settings and toggle off factory reset (wipe) when 20 incorrect attempts to unlock just will make you wait longer if wrong
23b366c0d829a4527881808286b77bac.jpg
b898df442643101e153ccb0559ae3b52.jpg

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You can go to settings>lock screen >screen lock type and use maybe password or pattern could be easier to remember than a pin? Also settings>Lock screen>secure lock settings and toggle off factory reset (wipe) when 20 incorrect attempts to unlock just will make you wait longer if wrong

Judging by the OP's post, it sounds like the phone is currently locked, so this wouldn't help. It's also worth noting that not every phone has the option to disable factory reset on failed attempts (assuming that function is on the phone at all).

If the phone is locked, then you're out of luck unless you can remember the pin. It's a security feature, so it wouldn't be very secure if it could simply be bypassed (not that we would allow such discussion anyway).

The info Google stores to your account by default is just the basics. I.e. Wi-Fi logins, app info, and some device settings. Things like personal files, photos, music, videos, etc are not backed up unless you specifically took action to do so, either through Google or some other service. If you have an SD card in it, some of your files may be saved to that, which would be easily recoverable.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Judging by the OP's post, it sounds like the phone is currently locked, so this wouldn't help. It's also worth noting that not every phone has the option to disable factory reset on failed attempts (assuming that function is on the phone at all).

If the phone is locked, then you're out of luck unless you can remember the pin. It's a security feature, so it wouldn't be very secure if it could simply be bypassed (not that we would allow such discussion anyway).

The info Google stores to your account by default is just the basics. I.e. Wi-Fi logins, app info, and some device settings. Things like personal files, photos, music, videos, etc are not backed up unless you specifically took action to do so, either through Google or some other service. If you have an SD card in it, some of your files may be saved to that, which would be easily recoverable.
A lot devices still have this feature but if OP saying can't get into the device currently yeah no other choice but factory reset these are security feature.. going forward if it has the feature to factory reset with too many wrong attempts then disable and if you have important data which most do on their phone's ..."back up/ back up /back up in multiple places" .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174