Temp Root or Perm Root?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys, I am thinking of switched back to the stock ROM from HTC and just having temp root when I need it? Would it be better? Thanks!

Not really sure I understand your logic.. Having just temp root wouldn't be better than having full root at all. You can flash a completely stock HTC ROM that is rooted. Any system changes that are made when temp rooted all revert back after a reboot. Temp root is basically just a means to an end. I could understand if you never rooted before and were nervous about taking the plunge but not sure why you would unroot just to use temp root..

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure I understand your logic.. Having just temp root wouldn't be better than having full root at all. You can flash a completely stock HTC ROM that is rooted. Any system changes that are made when temp rooted all revert back after a reboot. Temp root is basically just a means to an end. I could understand if you never rooted before and were nervous about taking the plunge but not sure why you would unroot just to use temp root..

Reason why is I can't really find a good rom to use... Any suggestions?

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If you like Sense I would suggest the latest MikShift-G or Supreme Sense. Both are really good Sense ROMs that should be pretty much bug free.

If you like AOSP, my personal favorite is Cyclonic made by my buddy Dread. Also we all know the CyanogenMod team makes great ROMs.

IMO... AOSP is total crap. I used to have a LG Optimus V and had an AOSP rom which is totally buggy. I am thinking about going to MikShifted G, which one would you recommend? The MikShifted G or the other version of MikShifted?

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
IMO... AOSP is total crap. I used to have a LG Optimus V and had an AOSP rom which is totally buggy. I am thinking about going to MikShifted G, which one would you recommend? The MikShifted G or the other version of MikShifted?

AOSP may have been "total crap" on your Optimus but it runs fast and smooth on the the Shift.. Anyways, different strokes for different folks. Both Mik G and Supreme Sense are good ROMs, just depends on what your looking for. Supreme has a lot Sense 3 elements that some people like, while MikG is more Sense 2.1 with just a few Sense 3 elements. I personally prefer Mik G if I use Sense...

JustWorksTechnologies

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
AOSP may have been "total crap" on your Optimus but it runs fast and smooth on the the Shift.. Anyways, different strokes for different folks. Both Mik G and Supreme Sense are good ROMs, just depends on what your looking for. Supreme has a lot Sense 3 elements that some people like, while MikG is more Sense 2.1 with just a few Sense 3 elements. I personally prefer Mik G if I use Sense...

True, I just don't which one I should use on my phone. The Supreme Sense or the MikShifted. I saw the Supreme Sense has a bug with the keyboard. But idk, I can't find any screen shots lol.

crump84

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
True, I just don't which one I should use on my phone. The Supreme Sense or the MikShifted. I saw the Supreme Sense has a bug with the keyboard. But idk, I can't find any screen shots lol.

Here's a few Supreme screen shots Supreme Sense Screenies. And I know there used to be a bug with the keyboard.. when you closed the keyboard the notification light came on, had to swipe the notification bar to make it go away but I THINK this has been fixed.

YoungCorruption

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site

To help with what Crump is saying. Supreme Sense doesn't have the bug with the keyboard as Strapped figured out the cause of it and removed it from his rom. MikShifted if i'm correct still have the bug with the keyboard but there is a fix/mod that Strapped made that will remove the bug from the rom. Both are fully functional and its more of a eye candy as some people put that Supreme Sense rom has and our AOSP roms could change your mind about those types for roms as we have very good devs working with our phone. You should root and just give the roms a shot. If you don't like them well you can have a fully stock rom with root access to it instead of just temp rooting... haha wow i used the word "rom" a lot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bcweir