Text message app glitch

wsrep

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock text messg app. When Im in the text message list, I click on the person I want to send a text to but sometimes a diff contact text box pops up. I sometimes send the text to the wrong person when I'm in a hurry. It's just a very frustrating problem to have.

Any solutions to this or am I that only one?

twister17e

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
You're not the only one. I've experienced this problem several times. One time I didn't pay attention & had a text go to the wrong person. Luckly nothing personal & no damage done. I use Handcent for sms.

On a side note, all my text messages were randomly erased today as well :(. Not sure what happened there, but nothing shows in Handcent or in the stock app.

SFWD1934

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Yea I'm getting tired of the same issue. Driving me nuts. Not only that but the back button is ridiculously slow to back out of the app compared to pre 2.2. Hope this will be fixed soon.

Jason

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Yea I'm getting tired of the same issue. Driving me nuts. Not only that but the back button is ridiculously slow to back out of the app compared to pre 2.2. Hope this will be fixed soon.

Jason

Same for me. I have learned to deal with the wrong contact popin up when i touch a threaded message to reply to or send a new message to, or even just to read a new message, but how long it takes to back out bothers me even more.

AdamC

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Handcent fixed my problem, now I hate the Sense Dialer and Messages for that reason. When I first got my Evo, I was shocked that it actually had bugs like calling the wrong contact pressed or texting the wrong person. Still need to jump ship to another dialer though, any sugguestions? I've heard atakephone is a good one to try...

whitehorse84

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I also hate how long it takes to delete a text message.. I know that anything over 200 messages per conversation can take a few seconds.. but sometimes it can take minutes and it wont even do it.. hell, last night I deleted a conversation with 6 messages and it took 45 seconds to delete it.. why?

seraphemz

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen to me a bunch of times. Recently I havent had the issue, might be cause im on the valpak rom, but i have a friend who has a stock EVO and hes been getting into some trouble with the texts..lol.. hes a busy guy..

wsrep

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the response everyone! I just hope they fix these issues with an update soon! I'm going to get in trouble one of these days with the wrong text message being sent lol.

StealthTH

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
No fix yet, I clear out my messages once every other week and it becomes fine for me. For my it only starts doing this when there are a ton of messages.

rac97crawford

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
Oh thanks!! Yes there are a ton of messages in my text app and I notice its been getting worse the more I build up. That fix should work for now. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya