Texting App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You don't need a different app if you're on a Samsung phone! Just go to your Settings, Notifications and then select the Notification pop-up style option. There you will find a Color by keyword area where you can assign a different color notification for pretty much anything as long as the notification has the text you add there (i.e. Someone's name, specific app, etc.)

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
You don't need a different app if you're on a Samsung phone! Just go to your Settings, Notifications and then select the Notification pop-up style option. There you will find a Color by keyword area where you can assign a different color notification for pretty much anything as long as the notification has the text you add there (i.e. Someone's name, specific app, etc.)
Thanks. Does this work for third party apps too????

Sent from my SM-S918U using AC Forums mobile app

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, it works for any notification you receive on your phone as long as you write the right keywords. For instance, the name of the 3rd party app you want to colorize or specific words that you would like to highlight, regardless of the app that's sending them.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup, it works for any notification you receive on your phone as long as you write the right keywords. For instance, the name of the 3rd party app you want to colorize or specific words that you would like to highlight, regardless of the app that's sending them.
So it changes the color of notification icon, that's what I'm looking for? If so, can it be done per individual contact on a third party text or email app?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you are referring to the notification icon, yes... If you mean the actual app icon, then nope; this just changes the color of the notification alert (no app that I know of allows for the actual icon to be re-themed per notification). It can be added per contact, per app, per whatever you want since this option allows you to set multiple 'keyword' rules and colorize them accordingly.

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
If you are referring to the notification icon, yes... If you mean the actual app icon, then nope; this just changes the color of the notification alert (no app that I know of allows for the actual icon to be re-themed per notification). It can be added per contact, per app, per whatever you want since this option allows you to set multiple 'keyword' rules and colorize them accordingly.
I mean the notification icon. I chose red for aquamail and it's still white.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
The icon will not change. Apps that support themeing do not do so dynamically. You could probably try with Tasker and deeper control of the themes (you'll need root for this and a modified system), but unless you have the knowledge to tinker with something like this, your best option is colorized notification pop-ups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EcuadorCynthia