Texts not coming through

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks @mustang7757 - I tried turning the sim off and back on. It will be difficult to know if it is fixed since it was a random issue.

BTW, that article referred to locked devices on Verizon and T-Mobile, but I am unlocked on Verizon. Maybe the issue is bigger than they know, or maybe they just misspoke...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks @mustang7757 - I tried turning the sim off and back on. It will be difficult to know if it is fixed since it was a random issue.

BTW, that article referred to locked devices on Verizon and T-Mobile, but I am unlocked on Verizon. Maybe the issue is bigger than they know, or maybe they just misspoke...
Yeah at the tie of the article which is today they probably only gathered from carrier version , probably looks to be wider spread

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I was having trouble with receiving text messages on my Unlocked s22U on T-mobile about 2 weeks ago. Messages on group threads coming in with wrong times, out of order. I was bombarded with some spam. The phone was 'blowing up' as they say. I turned off 5g which I don't usually have on, but for some reason it was toggled on. I cleared the cache in Samsung messages, reset my network, rebooted my s22U & switched to Google Messages. Things improved.

Does toggling the sim on & off have virtually the same effect as resetting the network, (with the exception of the network reset clears your saved Bluetooth & wifi networks)?

Thanks!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I was having trouble with receiving text messages on my Unlocked s22U on T-mobile about 2 weeks ago. Messages on group threads coming in with wrong times, out of order. I was bombarded with some spam. The phone was 'blowing up' as they say. I turned off 5g which I don't usually have on, but for some reason it was toggled on. I cleared the cache in Samsung messages, reset my network, rebooted my s22U & switched to Google Messages. Things improved.

Does toggling the sim on & off have virtually the same effect as resetting the network, (with the exception of the network reset clears your saved Bluetooth & wifi networks)?

Thanks!
It should

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
very strange. bride has an S22U, unlocked, TMO, One UI 4.1, September patch and has zero problems (Samsung Messages). I'm in the beta...no issues. it would seem to me that this problem would be all over the place, not just affecting some.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
So I contacted Verizon today to see what support could do. They tried to reset my network settings on their end and ended up completely screwing up my sim card. It wouldn't activate at first, then it did, then it wouldn't get any service. I had to go to Verizon and get a new sim card. Will have to see what happens with the new sim card now.

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
very strange. bride has an S22U, unlocked, TMO, One UI 4.1, September patch and has zero problems (Samsung Messages). I'm in the beta...no issues. it would seem to me that this problem would be all over the place, not just affecting some.

In my case, I can't confirm if the problem on my unlocked s22U on TMO happened before or after the update as I deleted the messed up text messages. I thought my problem was connected to the mass spam messages that came through with approximately 20 recipients each. Several threads & several of the recipients thought it was a good idea to respond. 'Stop! Stop Spam! Leave me alone! I'm reporting all these numbers!' That continued throughout the different threads, which I never opened any of them. I just read the pop-ups. Then the recipients starting talking to each other, 'Stupid Scammers! Why can't the government stop these people?' On & on that went. After that bombardment, I notice problems with my legitimate texts. I thought the mass text mess had goofed up my network. I cleaned everything up, preformed the steps in my above post & switched to Google Messages as it handles spam better. Samsung Messages never flagged spam. I constantly forwarded spam to T-Mobile with no luck.

So, I really don't know if my problem was related to the update.
:)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So I contacted Verizon today to see what support could do. They tried to reset my network settings on their end and ended up completely screwing up my sim card. It wouldn't activate at first, then it did, then it wouldn't get any service. I had to go to Verizon and get a new sim card. Will have to see what happens with the new sim card now.
Maybe esim be faster?

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I just noticed I have to put in my thumbprint or give my password before restarting my S22U Verizon locked. After reboot, the texts came pouring in. Maybe that's a clue ScoobyDoo.

N2myN2

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I noticed I don't have to put in my thumbprint when I reboot and the texts don't come pouring in. Does that make sense?

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I noticed I don't have to put in my thumbprint when I reboot and the texts don't come pouring in. Does that make sense?
based on the number of people having issues similar to yours, your thumbprint or login have nothing to do with it. it's the act of restarting your phone that causes the message dump.