TF 300T Poor Performance - Help!

teemorris

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
All,
I have drafted this post hoping after reading that someone will have some concrete resolve to improving the performance of my tablet.
Background: I purchased two Asus TF300T's for my wife and I at Christmas looking to improving our mobility around the home and externally without lagging a lap top. I read plenty of reviews over a period of 1-2 years and settled on the Asus. Since Christmas we have had one firmware update. We are on Android version 4.1.1, Build# 10.4.2.18.

Current: We are highly disappointed with its ability to swiftly move through websites. I have taken off java script then rechecked it and the performance is very inconsistent at best to include on my home wifi. Downloading pdf files from some sights is nearly impossible. I can't find how to down load apps and other documents to my SD Card. The tablet memory is constantly at least 50% occupied with stuff i am not aware of. the best thing i can use this for is my email and a few other simple apps. No crashes just extremely poor performance. If I want to view an item on You tube, man it takes forever or it never loads.

At this point I am somewhat in remorse beliving I would have been better off buying cheap laptops.

Can anyone of experience please assist with helping me maximize the tablets and see the power and functionality I have read about?

I am not a software developer and have read about rooting yet I am not clear on how and what to do yet i do understands it voids your warranty.

thanks for your assistance,

Frustrated Asus TF300 users

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey there. I understand your frustration, BELIEVE ME. Truth is, the problems are a mix of a few things:
1) Crappy Asus internal memory.
2) Crappy Asus stock UI.
3) Unnecessary back ground processes.

The best way to fix this is to root, flash something like Cynogenmod, AOKP, or Clean Rom... and then maybe over clock. However, rooting is risky business. I still haven't quite rooted due to fear of bricking my device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OperationA7X

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Clear app cache. Keep it on performance mode. Use the ASUS Task Manager widget and stop certain applications. Power off device at least once a day. Watch out for resource consuming apps.

Those are simple, not rooting options.

Sent from my HTC Vivid WCX using Android Central Forums

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Try different browsers for Web browsing. Both Crome and dolphin browser are widely used.

More than 50% memory as for ram is normal. The os fills and drains it as it needs to.

If you were referring to the hard memory, that's us strange unless you have downloaded a bunch of stuff.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

jmarkey77

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Nova launcher helps a ton. Much better than the standard UI. Chrome browser and dolphin as suggested above are much better than the stock browser. With these few pieces and being careful with your quantity of widgets and installed apps, they can have a lot of crap going on in the background. If you don't use the app four times a week or more, you don't need it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi