Thank you, Handcent!

Jon no h

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you, Handcent, for doing what Sprint cannot (will not?) do. I can finally block the stupid Jamaican scam calls (prefix 876) from reaching my Evo Shift.

davnic4

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I also just started using the free version about a week ago and absolutely love it. So many customizations to choose from make it awesome. And, LED notification choices for colors are cool!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Love to have some insight to block the calls I would love to have India to tell me I have 2 million$ waiting for me. To stop calling

Jon no h

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
For the text blocking, Handscent has a blacklist feature that can effectively block whole or partial numbers. I just set mine up to block numbers that have the Jamaican scammer area code. Sprint also has a feature to block up to 50 numbers, but I find the handscent more effective because it will block any number with the area code prefix. Sprints service needs specific numbers.
For the phone calls, I believe the Gingerbread update enabled our phones to have a blocked caller feature. So now I just add any number with the scam area code to the blocked list!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lather7753