The Company Field is missing in Contacts

bklabel1

Jun 17, 2023
Visit site
I'm using the Contacts app on my Samsung S20 Ultra 5G. It is the same on an S23.

Please look at the two images. The one that has the Company field is from the Google site on my PC. The one without the Company Field is on my S20.

It seems to me that it is a huge mistake that the Company field on the phones is missing. I used to constantly use it when adding and referring to a contact.

I'm using the icon that is orange in the background and has the outline in white of a human in front. I remember in the past that there was an application on the phones that had the white human silhouette on a blue background. I don't see a Samsung application in the Play Store with the blue background. i'm not sure if Samsung changed the blue icon to orange. At one time I remember seeing both of them available simultaneously.

My old Palm Pilot phone had the Company field. I looked at Apple and they include a Company field.

I think that Samsung made a huge mistake and I'm not sure if they are aware of it.

Thank you,

Kevin Abel

Attachments

• missing company field in Contacts.png
    missing company field in Contacts.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20230727_121123_Contacts(1).jpg
    Screenshot_20230727_121123_Contacts(1).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
FYI, I edited out the Gmail address in the second screenshot, in case that's your real email (for your privacy).

Reactions: bklabel1

bklabel1

Jun 17, 2023
Visit site
If you tap the 'Work info' field, it will expand into Job Title and Company. :)
Wow! The Work info field was moved further down It's below Groups. I liked it between Name and Phonetic name more. Thanks for the solution. It's strange that there was no way to get this information from Samsung or the Android developer forum.

Reactions: B. Diddy