The DxO score for the OP5 is 87

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
dxo bias and the video stability issues

Video is scored separately and is lower than the image score, as was discussed earlier.

The idea of them being biased seems a little... Silly. Their tests might be flawed, but I sincerely doubt they're biased.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
dxo bias and the video stability issues

The first doesn't exist and the second is already in the score. The score isn't an opinion of the camera, it's the aggregate of various measurements being scaled on a 1 to 100 - the average of all the scores is the score.

36dbldz

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
in my opinion I don't see how dxo would help out OP with software and ever give it a lower score. just won't happen. they won't say yeah we tweaked the software but it scored a 86 or 85. yeah right. I don't own the OP5 I have a 3, but it's just my opinion

36dbldz

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
then after OP tweaks it and dxo does a 2nd review it will be a 89? just like how the 3 or 3T got that little jump on 2nd review

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
in my opinion I don't see how dxo would help out OP with software and ever give it a lower score. just won't happen. they won't say yeah we tweaked the software but it scored a 86 or 85. yeah right. I don't own the OP5 I have a 3, but it's just my opinion

Yet, that's exactly what happened. DXO was hired to help OnePlus build a better camera. They did so, and then rated it fairly, still below the competition because it was measured to be below the competition. The important thing is that the camera went from not even being in the top 20 cameras with the OP3 to being a top 10 contender. That's what learning how to software can accomplish.

36dbldz

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
that's cool tho. I'll wait for the 5T. don't think I'm hating on OP, not the case I'm just saying score is on some BS (per my opinion based off of the reviews I've read, watched). if I had it may be a different story.

VigneshChandz

Jul 15, 2017
Visit site
The camera in OP5 is cray and creating records. Wats disappointing is the pic taken in OP5 is great in outdoors wen there is more light. I find some pics taken are softy. The pro mode is impressive and yes it's truly pro !

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
The 87 score is not bad for a $500 dollar phone....

For the price you paying, 87 is really good. Will definitely give OnePlus that. 😃 I personally feel they still have a little way to go before they match the Google Pixel & iPhone 7.

While the Dx0mark score is a good indication of performance. I definitely wouldn't say because one device has 1 or 2 points higher than another, it's therefore better.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
For the price you paying, 87 is really good. Will definitely give OnePlus that. 😃 I personally feel they still have a little way to go before they match the Google Pixel & iPhone 7.

While the Dx0mark score is a good indication of performance. I definitely wouldn't say because one device has 1 or 2 points higher than another, it's therefore better.
True...but I never said it was better than any other phone. I just said it was nice score for a $500 phone 😁

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
True...but I never said it was better than any other phone. I just said it was nice score for a $500 phone ??????

I know :) Everything after the smily face was just my own comment about the score it got and everything before the smily face was relating to your comment.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I know :) Everything after the smily face was just my own comment about the score it got and everything before the smily face was relating to your comment.

me personally...I take those numbers with a grain of salt and do my own research. Its is kinda like benchmarks number. they are nice at first glance....but they never factor in the whole user experience :)

For me the user experience out weighs benchmarks scores all day long :)

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
No where in any reviews camera is praised to be extraordinary. These scores are not much relevant in real world usage

Sometimes for phones that are hyped so much, media outlets will raise the bar. That is exactly what happened with OnePlus 5.

Go look at reviewers who take OnePlus 5 as a normal device and review the camera or even look at out pictures thread, you will see the camera performs well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confteam