The new Market is available for Gingerbread

thunderx2000

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I tried to open the Android Market on my Epic, and the New Market started loading. At least I dont have to resort to finding the .apk for the new market.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes Gingerbread EG22 came with the new Market in place.

I must have been lucky because when I loaded EG22 for the first time and opened the Market it had the new version.

Last edited:

garapueto

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Got mine last night, too. Not sure what to make of it yet. Initially, I don't like it, but that may change after using it for a while as I really haven't gotten a chance to look at what they did.

I did not like that two of my apps auto-updated, though. I usually mark manual and I didn't have backups of those. Guess I'm stuck with them now. :confused:

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
To me this this market is slower. . I don't care for the large adverts etc... I just uninstalled it and changed the permissions for the market updater apk so it won't update anymore...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

LASuxs

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i noticed it just now randomly updated itself, as well as my GMail which i purposely have chosen not to update. Seems slower with a bunch of ads and some vid previews of certain apps. If impaler customizes this one i may consider updating

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Anybody notice that there's 2 new services related to the Market now running at startup? I wonder what they do. I've been force closing them but haven't noticed what the effect of not having them run is.

monkey30butt

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
To me this this market is slower. . I don't care for the large adverts etc... I just uninstalled it and changed the permissions for the market updater apk so it won't update anymore...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I don't care for it either. I tried to unistall the update, but it came right back.
Can anyone tell me how to stop it from updating?
I am rooted & running SRF 1.1.1

Thanks

Jinded

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm running SRF 1.2 and got the new Market about a week ago. Now it keeps wanting to update apps that have already been updated (example: it keeps wanting to Titanium Backup to version 4.0.2 even though it's already at 4.0.2). Anyone else experiencing this?

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm running SRF 1.2 and got the new Market about a week ago. Now it keeps wanting to update apps that have already been updated (example: it keeps wanting to Titanium Backup to version 4.0.2 even though it's already at 4.0.2). Anyone else experiencing this?

Yes, I'm getting the same thing... and it's weird I experienced the same issue yesterday when I was on 2.2.1 / stock / rooted and now since I've flashed and updated to EH06 / stock / rooted and am getting the same issue (with the same apps, about 3 of them) all over again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharikkhan222143