The Pixel 7a rectifies my biggest issue with the Pixel 6a

ssobol

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I think in Android Central's reporting on the Pixel 7a should mention that to get the version of the phone that can use Verizon's 5G Ultrawide band network will usually costs an extra $50.

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
My concern with buying an expensive Google device involves their lack of support and rollback of features (or breaking of features due to problems). I would love to see Pixel succeed, and wish they were allowed into Korea, where I live. Competition is a good thing. Unfortunately, as I currently own 5 Google devices, I have lost faith in their care and ability to support me as a customer. Most devices, apps, etc , released by Google with much fanfare, slowly seem to lose functionality and break or never truly work at the level promised. From smart speakers, to my Google Chromecast 4k, there are always so many bugs and things that eventually break. Support is an endless loop of dead-end/locked web pages, and no actual help. Service reps are low-paid people who know nothing about how to actually fix a problem. One big rope-a-dope.

This is why I am in no hurry to buy a Pixel phone.

Reactions: fuzzylumpkin

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
My concern with buying an expensive Google device involves their lack of support and rollback of features (or breaking of features due to problems). I would love to see Pixel succeed, and wish they were allowed into Korea, where I live. Competition is a good thing. Unfortunately, as I currently own 5 Google devices, I have lost faith in their care and ability to support me as a customer. Most devices, apps, etc , released by Google with much fanfare, slowly seem to lose functionality and break or never truly work at the level promised. From smart speakers, to my Google Chromecast 4k, there are always so many bugs and things that eventually break. Support is an endless loop of dead-end/locked web pages, and no actual help. Service reps are low-paid people who know nothing about how to actually fix a problem. One big rope-a-dope.

This is why I am in no hurry to buy a Pixel phone.
You speak a lot of unfortunate truth. My Chromecast with Google TV got an update today which I'm hoping has fixed the bug I've been having which makes it borderline unusable. But I am also wondering what new bugs it has introduced.

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
You speak a lot of unfortunate truth. My Chromecast with Google TV got an update today which I'm hoping has fixed the bug I've been having which makes it borderline unusable. But I am also wondering what new bugs it has introduced.
I end up with this whenever I try to rent or purchase a movie from Google TV or Google Play. I am able to rent on a PC, then it will appear as playable on the Chromecast with Google TV, but what is the point of a Google TV device that doesn't actually work. I am not alone. Functionality for these things seem to break for people within a few months of use. I used to rent maybe 3 movies per month. Now, after buying a Google Chromecast, which also seems to have led to my Android phone breaking the same ability to rent, I don't rent them at all. Support from agent "Daquesha" was completely useless, and web support is a joke.
20230217_080612.jpg

Perico Lospalotes

Oct 28, 2020
Visit site
here is my take. I am not a critic but I am a techie. I have used Apple and Android and WebOs. I presently have a 6 pro and changed the display from 120 to 90 and You know what? I can't tell the difference! If you are constantly changing phones (top of the heap) of course you notice, however for most of us that can only afford 1 phone for several years I believe that what is important is Camera, and the display quality if is 90 Hz or 120 is lost and a gimmick to sell phone, speed is important but now a days any $500+ phone is plenty quick. My 18 year old son still uses a S8 Plus and is perfectly happy with the display and speed of the device. I do appreciate that critics give us a breakdown of the tech in a device , however what is important to a critic is not for most users.