The verge review

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My point is that personal responsibility and judgment doesn't require an explicit warning label. In the case above, the customer had a scalding hot cup of coffee between her legs and was scalded. She was completely at fault as is even stated in the article you site in the last line. The company with its vast legal and financial resources could have ultimately won but the optics of overpowering an elderly woman would have done far more damage to the company.

Aside from the inherent, not necessarily obvious, and questionable, durability issues, if you or I did the same as the reviewers, we would be negligent and would have had to file a claim which may not have been honored since the warning label is in the owners manual.

The Fold is a delicate piece of tech that should have been more refined before being rolled out. That's all on Samsung. Samsung, like McDonald's, isn't the only one who bears responsibility in the saga.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw2BuwKbSl5tHNWCO_7gNAOZ&ust=1557150797391756

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Pretty interesting analogy above of the Galaxy Fold fragility issue 😂

Unfortunately both of you have instantly gone to the extremes of the coffee case. Because what in fact happened was that WHILE McDonald’s was to blame for serving coffee at dangerously high temperatures knowingly, Stella Liebeck also admitted that it was her fault for spilling the coffee between her legs.

So IT WAS Stella Liebeck’s fault for spilling coffee between her legs (which is painful), BUT McDonald’s unethical/odd practice of really hot coffee made it a lot worse than it should/could’ve been.

N.B: When it comes to the payout what actually happened was Stella Liebeck only wanted McDonald’s to pay her medical costs, BUT the court wanted her to get $2.9 million to send the company a message...eventually they settled on $600,000. So Stella wasn’t being greedy, it was the courts wanted to punish McDonald’s for their practice.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
Which if we go back to the Galaxy Fold and my orignal point translates to:

The Galaxy Fold WAS TOO FRAGILE and Samsung is to blame for that...however SOME tech reviewers (in my humble opinion) could’ve been more careful as well.

I literally can’t be bothered to debate to the inevitable answers saying I’m wrong or saying (again) we don’t know, I doubt it, it’s hypothetical etc.

That’s just my opinion, I’m not saying it’s a universal truth or whatever XD

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Which if we go back to the Galaxy Fold and my orignal point translates to:

The Galaxy Fold WAS TOO FRAGILE and Samsung is to blame for that...however SOME tech reviewers (in my humble opinion) could’ve been more careful as well.

I literally can’t be bothered to debate to the inevitable answers saying I’m wrong or saying (again) we don’t know, I doubt it, it’s hypothetical etc.

That’s just my opinion, I’m not saying it’s a universal truth or whatever XD

Everything is cool. You have a right to your opinion without any judgment which I strenuously avoid doing.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsung working on for what they called ‘defect.’

Basically bad luck for Dieter having it happening to his phone and would have probably been someone else reporting it but good he reported it and honestly it probably helped Samsung miss a bullet to a bigger marketing disaster if all 1 million units got out there and you heard failures happening at such a higher rate.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/9/18537994/samsung-galaxy-fold-new-release-date-dj-koh

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samsum08