There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCX

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
OK....here is my latest thinking. You may agree with the logic...you may not. Johnnyboy has been discussion boarding his demo experience, I think we all have been viewing and I have seen some of our members on it.

He got his phone last week. I asked (but missed it if someone answered this already) does anyone know how long these people have to demo the phone? Isn't the point being that Verizon gets feedback from the testers and then if they can fix it..they do and then move forward? Why would they give someone a demo and then launch a week later? Not like they are going to get any useful data...right?

Anyway...this is what he said last night....
"I believe I have at least 30 days with the phone. To me, it seems ready, LTE issues aside (which I have not tested). I don't think Skype is a make or break as that is seemingly not Verizon or HTC's issue considering no other phone has video Skype capabilities."

Is anyone else out there reading this like me? I am reading April! Please excuse me while I go bang my head against a brick wall!

Because the demo phone he has is to train Verizon sales associates on the device and get acquainted with it before launch.

and speaking of which, I just saw a Verizon LTE ad on Hulu, it starts out with a kid puting a quarter into a bubble gum ball machine and it starts dispensing all the gumballs with just that one coin, then it quickly goes to "4G... LTE.... Verizon 4G LTE is here!"

amotter

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Bennnnnn, respectfully, if Verizon cannot release the phone for a certain reason....most sane people in the world would call that a major issue.

Reactions: dlc423

Perwilly

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious as to what his version of "No major issues" is, I guarantee it differs from mine. ;)
To me, this just screams of it the launch being dictated by the whole i*hone & SJ theory. No major tech issues on phone or LTE....then what else could it be? Think of it, people.

MizMiMi02

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Because the demo phone he has is to train Verizon sales associates on the device and get acquainted with it before launch.

and speaking of which, I just saw a Verizon LTE ad on Hulu, it starts out with a kid puting a quarter into a bubble gum ball machine and it starts dispensing all the gumballs with just that one coin, then it quickly goes to "4G... LTE.... Verizon 4G LTE is here!"

You sir have just made Hulu VERY popular today. LOL

alcoholics02

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Once I've been given the green light, I'll be sure to share all the information with you guys first. Until then, I'm here to answer questions and give my input.

Hey B5n,
Thanks for returning to the forum. Are they issues with the Network?

We have been hearing that the phone is good to go! So it must be the 4G network..right?

Is the release date of the 17th be reconsidered by VZW?

elemerica

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
To me, this just screams of it the launch being dictated by the whole i*hone & SJ theory. No major tech issues on phone or LTE....then what else could it be? Think of it, people.

Stop with the speculation, this is what's causing rumors and non-sense to fly around. We don't know what it is, stop assuming you know. Sure, it's possible but it could be anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
josephliam147258