There's a storm brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
VerizonWireless Verizon Wireless
No pre-orders on #4G #LTE #Thunderbolt by #HTC. Verizon stores will be open regular hours on Thurs. ready to serve u.

NO VZW Preorders, lol

Local corporate store said that they will not know until Thursday AM if they will have inventory or if it will be a "direct fill". Direct fill is taking your order and sending it to you like an on-line order. They said to call Thursday AM to see if the phones arrive (their delivery is Thursday AM)before driving to the store. The screw up saga continues.............

jayishere

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Local corporate store said that they will not know until Thursday AM if they will have inventory or if it will be a "direct fill". Direct fill is taking your order and sending it to you like an on-line order. They said to call Thursday AM to see if the phones arrive (their delivery is Thursday AM)before driving to the store. The screw up saga continues.............

Hmmm, odd.

NikoB

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Verizon is like that saying of the right hand never knowing what the left hand is doing. Yet another reason I'm buying from Best Buy!!

:):)

vaheredity

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

Both of my local stores said sort of the same thing. They don't have them yet. They might arrive tomorrow or sometime Thursday. They have no idea how many they're getting and they'll call me when they have one to sell me. :confused:

Bailarge

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Pretty exciting. I remember when my first phone in 2002 cost something like $200 or $250 and it was just a crappy little LG that could light up in different colors on the front screen. I finally get to toss my Alias and get a real phone, and with my corporate discount, as well as taking into consideration the plan I had before (which in hindsight was a rip off), I am only spending an extra 6 or 7 bucks a month. Verizon, at the end of the day, really stepped up. Prices are reasonable and the phone will be a monster.

ntrimm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Do you really think that Verizon would announce the Official launch day and advertise that the phone will be available on Thursday and not have any phones in stock? Especially in a corporate store? Come on!

RestlessDroid

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to take a moment to thank Be5n and BMX for all they've done for the community. I know at times they haven't gotten the respect they deserve, but I feel, no I know, that they have made this crazy ass launch way more enjoyable.

Thank you guys.

Same here. They at least gave hope and entertainment.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Both of my local stores said sort of the same thing. They don't have them yet. They might arrive tomorrow or sometime Thursday. They have no idea how many they're getting and they'll call me when they have one to sell me. :confused:

Hmm... I wonder if I just live and work in a market that is a priority for Verizon (given that this is a large AT&T market)? Because as I said before when I called they knew exactly when the launch date was and they didn't offer to make an appointment. What I inferred from this was that they already had the phones in stock and they have enough that they saw no need to make appointments for people.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Your quite welcome... teams did an amazing job making this happen. Sadly we couldn't get it out sooner but we did make deadline..

Now.... on to the next one..

Panda

Thank you for all you insight and hard work. I really enjoy your God daughters poems. She is very talented.

Love the challenege of a good riddle too!!!!

ivan a rom#AC

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Pretty exciting. I remember when my first phone in 2002 cost something like $200 or $250 and it was just a crappy little LG that could light up in different colors on the front screen. I finally get to toss my Alias and get a real phone, and with my corporate discount, as well as taking into consideration the plan I had before (which in hindsight was a rip off), I am only spending an extra 6 or 7 bucks a month. Verizon, at the end of the day, really stepped up. Prices are reasonable and the phone will be a monster.

Let's test my Verizon memory, and I swear I am not looking this up.

The first phone on VZ that did that was the LGvx4400, which had a 65k color screen internally and 10 different light up colors on the external monochrome screen. This was also the third color screen dumbphone on VZ behind the Moto t720 and Samsung Scha530 which had a full color external screen but such terrible battery life for a dumbphone that it included a second battery.

eternale0

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Jay

will i be able to actually get the phone at best buy on Thursday morning? All this talk about Verizon stores maybe not having them has got me worried....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan