Thinking about returning my S7 edge.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Heya, Rushmore,
So my "new" N4 arrives today. Are you saying I should update to MM before installing apps? Also, what about using Smart Switch? Is that some kind of a hindrance on performance?

Yes update 1st for me MM created issues with a couple apps , this way you will have a clean install.
Former N4 user

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I got this s7 edge to replace my replacement note 7, and Like the title says...

I still have my note 4, it works, just dosent charge very fast, or connect to my pc (USB port issue), but I think I prefer it to this 7 edge.

Part of it is that I'm really missing the pen... never really used it on the n4, but used it a lot on the n7, and am now having withdrawls. also, this 7 edge seems quite laggy compared to both the n7 and my n4 (n4 was actually pretty snappy), battery life is abysmal compared to both n7's I had, and about equal to what I got from my n4.

HEAT! This edge gets wicked hot, the n7 barely got warm even with the vr, and the n4 only got warm when I pushed it.

screen size. I know it's not even a 1/4" smaller, but with the edges being so pronounced, and the corners so rounded, it really feels small. I'm constantly correcting my fat finger mistakes, where I rarely had to on either note.

Last but not least... I'm kinda hoping the n8 (or whatever they call it) gets released with the s8 in Feb. Being as the "X" series is supposed to drop next year, Sammy could very well fix whatever the issue is with the n7, make a few tweaks, and release it as the n8 (or whatever) at the same time as the s8, and still have another flagship release for q3/q4.... and if I stick with the s7e, I won't be able to upgrade to anything til Oct 2017.

What ya'll think?

Posted this in the edge 7 forum as well, but really wanna know what u hold outs think?

I hated the edge. Ran extremely hot got the Note5

ticketbabe2

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Interesting post: I had the S7 edge as loaner and it was to me just close enough, and I had it in the color that suited me enough and I knew if I had to keep it I would be okay with it and I did replace it with the same color S7 edge. I have grown to love my S7 edge just fine now and it's doing what I need. I certainly miss the S pen, but the thing is-there is still no other phone out there that has that EITHER so for me, the S7 edge comes closest for me and performs the functions I want in a phone. I found that I really, really, love having the convenience of the edge screen too-use it constantly. I did not want to give that up. But I love how you said torture device-to remind you what you lost with the Note 7. LOL of course I still miss my Note 7 but I'm happy now with my S7 edge.
Exactly how I feel. The 7 Edge comes closest to the Note 7 for me..and I love the Edge function. I worried about the lack of good screen protection but got a book- style case that covers it anyway. Love having all files & photos going to the SD card, love the brilliant screen, love being able still use the wireless charger & this phone charges super fast. Very happy with the 7 Edge until Samsung cones out with a solid Note.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Today is the last day I have to make the exchange, and it looks like I'll be sticking with the s7e.

Trying to swap the USB board in my n4 turned out to be less than successful.

It charges now, but the screen no longer works. Not sure why, but I'm done with it.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking on a few sites for them but the 64GB versions in good condition are going for quite a bit of money, more than I think they are worth. I'm sure this has to do with the whole Note 7 fiasco driving up the price.
The N5 is still a beast in what it does I chose over the S7 and edge. Glad I did

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I went to the Note 5 and then back to the S7 Edge the 7 Edge for me anyway just felt quicker had a better camera that I could tell and I just enjoy that experience overall also Samsung pay seem to work easier with it

Milt K

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I bought a basically new S7E for $550 off of Swappa after returning the Note 7 back to Verizon. Runs just as cool as both my original and replacement N7s and everything works. Guess I was lucky but it does the job fine. Installed the Grace UX icon pack, a Grace theme, and Nova Launcher and it pretty much looks the same as the N7. Slapped on a UAG case and it now has the same squared-off shape as well lol.

I feel this phone is more than adequate to hold me over till the new N8 comes out.:)

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Honestly... if it wasn't for the sPen, and the fact I could just pop it out, and start jotting notes, the s7e would be fine for me.

The extra 1/4" screen size was nice on the n7 too, but it's the pen I miss the most.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cash