Thinking of leaving Samsung S21 Ultra for iPhone 13 Pro Max...

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have just always had the opinion that Androids are for those that want to control and customize their phone experience. I’m just always surprised that so few of the people I know care about having control and customizing their phones. They’re so happy to use their iPhones. Even those that do use Android don’t do any customizing. IME, us Android enthusiasts are rather rare. I don’t know if that’s because everyone else is so engaged in their social media and lives that they have no interest or what but me being an enthusiast its just odd.

Last edited:

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
As I've gotten older, my interest in tweaking my phones have become less and less. I just tweak it so I can live with it and let it be. Lots of things take priority over spending time tweaking a phone.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
My issue with iPhones is the price gouging. You can't even download an icon or widget pack without those stupid monthly subscriptions.

Last edited:

Joshua Luther2

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
My issue with iPhones is the price gouging. You can't even download an icon or widget pack with those stupid monthly subscriptions.
I noticed that too when I had my 12 Pro. You couldn't customize anything without paying for it. You can definitely spend money customizing on Android but you certainly don't have to. My biggest gripe on iOS was not being able to move the icons anywhere on the screen. At least let the user move them to the bottom of the screen where you can easily access them.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I noticed that too when I had my 12 Pro. You couldn't customize anything without paying for it. You can definitely spend money customizing on Android but you certainly don't have to. My biggest gripe on iOS was not being able to move the icons anywhere on the screen. At least let the user move them to the bottom of the screen where you can easily access them.
I just use my Android icons but a pain to customize.. Agreed!
3ee1bbbd2839e5dff6ce3da1457bf28f.jpg
9bb4a3378b8646cd98dcf46c61f7bf5a.jpg

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
There are pros and cons with both platforms I just fine Android easier to use than IOS is. I miss iMessage the most but not enough to change. I might pick up a 13 mini to see if I like that model. I gave my 12 mini to the wife.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have just always had the opinion that Androids are for those that want to control and customize their phone experience. I’m just always surprised that so few of the people I know care about having control and customizing their phones. They’re so happy to use their iPhones. Even those that do use Android don’t do any customizing. IME, us Android enthusiasts are rather rare. I don’t know if that’s because everyone else is so engaged in their social media and lives that they have no interest or what but me being an enthusiast its just odd.
I rarely have time to customize my phones like I use to, but still prefer android. As someone stated before no matter what iPhone you get the experience is pretty much the same on everyone which gets boring year in an year out. I like variety and seeing some type of change which is why I never get excited about iPhone releases because at the core it's the same system that has yet to impress me. Just my opinion though.

MyEyeCaptain

Oct 1, 2021
Visit site
Reading through this thread and watching the community "design a phone" reminded me of the time "/g/ designed the iPhone."

Attachments

• If G Made The iPhone.png
    If G Made The iPhone.png
    530 KB · Views: 16

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teresa Belmonte