Thinkpad

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm, I don't recall catching Lenovo at all. But I was too busy paying attention to all the Cisco product placement.

Yep noticed that, as well, while I was missing Megan :)

IT Service Professional - I Just Want My Device to Be Productive

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I guess activity will pick up once the ThinkPad actually drops.

Giblet

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I am assuming it will only be available directly from Lenovo tomorrow since I havent seen any major American retailer or e-tailer even listing it as coming soon.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I am assuming it will only be available directly from Lenovo tomorrow since I havent seen any major American retailer or e-tailer even listing it as coming soon.

I think you are probably correct. BTW, the following link to the ThinkPad Tablet forum has some good information on the Thinkpad and I posted a 10% offer from Lenovo on the site. The offer says select products so I will see tomorrow if the ThinkPad Tablet is one of those.

http://thinkpadtabletforums.com/

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
This looks pretty slick. I'm not really looking at this for business, but it certainly has a lot going on! The only thing I'm not so hot on is the physical buttons. I can't help but feel that it takes a really amazing tablet and downgrades it a bit into the "ugly girl with a great personality" category... though maybe I'll still be able to put on the beer goggles and power through.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
This looks pretty slick. I'm not really looking at this for business, but it certainly has a lot going on! The only thing I'm not so hot on is the physical buttons. I can't help but feel that it takes a really amazing tablet and downgrades it a bit into the "ugly girl with a great personality" category... though maybe I'll still be able to put on the beer goggles and power through.

The Lenovo IdeaPad is the one with the good looks.

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
The Lenovo IdeaPad is the one with the good looks.

Yeah, but her ugly sister has the big rack, er, I mean stylus, gorilla glass, fancy dock, etc. I'm not sure I need all of that, but it will sure be fun to play with.

jaykingofgay

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site

I saw it at CDW but they don't seem to be carrying the pen at all. I know it comes with the other ones, but they show the 16GB and the pen isn't noted as included, nor is it listed as an accessory to purchase, even if you do a site search for it.

I'm 90% on board with this one, I want to see a layperson's review or Cnet's review at the very least before I bust out my credit card.

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I saw it at CDW but they don't seem to be carrying the pen at all. I know it comes with the other ones, but they show the 16GB and the pen isn't noted as included, nor is it listed as an accessory to purchase, even if you do a site search for it.

I'm 90% on board with this one, I want to see a layperson's review or Cnet's review at the very least before I bust out my credit card.

Hmmm... on CDW it looks like the 32GB wi-fi is $590, plus $57 for the digitizer pen, plus $102 for the folio keyboard dock. That may be getting too rich for my blood.

S Prime

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
You are now able to order the Thinkpad on lenovo's site. Got myself a 64Gb

I went with the 32 gig and expansion dock. It says shipping by the 29th but I am hoping for better.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to be Productive

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm still curious how this will be for personal use. I don't need all of the corporate focused apps, but some of them do seem pretty handy.

The only other tablet that has a full SD slot is the Thrive and I can't find a decent keyboard folio case for that, so I'm still tracking the Thinkpad tablet.

bugg77

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I just ordered mine (32GB with the Sytlus) from Provantage... I'm sure it will take a 2-3 weeks by ordering through them, but I don't need it immediately and it saved me $100.

Hopefully I have it in time for my trip to Chicago on 9/12.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz