"this device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected"

Moltres_rider

Banned
Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I am UNABLE to transfer photos to OR from the phone!!! EVERY TIME I try I get an error message "this device has either stopped responding or has been disconnected" I tried restarting both the phone AND computer, NOTHING!!! Googled the problem, only dodgy spammy results

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming that you are getting the message on your PC, is that correct? The two things you need to do to figure this out are plug another plug and play device into your PC and see if you get the same message. This would point to the PC as the issue and may require something like cleaning the USB cache. There are programs out there to clean up your USB for free. It could require something else but I'm not really a computer guy. The other thing to do is plug your phone into another PC and see if you get the same error. That would indicate the phone or cable, then you could try a different cable to know which one for sure. If it's the phone you can do some or all of the following; Clear the caches on the device, turn off fastboot and restart, turn on USB debugging, and/or close all open apps check your currently running screen and see if there is anything unusual running in there.