Thought I would share this with everyone about HTC and GB for TB

njgsx96

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Thought I would share this with everyone about Htc and GB for

Maybe with the official release, there will be a better platform to build the ROM so that we can get full/proper use of the voicemail icon. That is the only negative I can think of with the GB/Sense 3.0 ROMs out there. Not important enough to sway me against them because the people that put these ROMs out do an awesome job and I love my phone all over again now, but a fix would be awesome!

Jo5329

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site

Personally, I don't mind waiting a bit. After MR2, my phone is stable as can be, so I'm not chomping at the bit for another update right now. I want them to make absolutely sure any update doesn't break what works. Better battery life would be nice, but my extended battery has made this less of an issue for me, at least until they turn on 4G here, whenever that is.

Which reminds me. I can't understand VZW's 4G strategy in Alabama. Lighting up Huntsville first makes sense, given all the aerospace and technology companies up there, but I can't figure out why they haven't done Birmingham yet. As I understand it, they've turned on Mobile and even Montgomery, but Birmingham is the biggest metro area in the state, and Tuscaloosa, which is 55 miles away, has UA, which has over 30,000 students and one of the biggest football stadiums in the country. On game days, you can easily have over 120,000 people on campus. With numbers like that, you'd think this market would be a priority for them.
I live across the river from Columbus, GA and they don't have 4G yet either -- and Fort Benning is right there too. As big as Benning has just expanded I would have thought it would have gotten 4G after Atlanta!

One Radical Dude

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

I've decided to not wait any longer, and I made the decision to room my TB. It was very easy. Then, I added ROM manager, flashed MR2, and installed CM7. It was a success. I will not go back to the way things were.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

I've decided to not wait any longer, and I made the decision to room my TB. It was very easy. Then, I added ROM manager, flashed MR2, and installed CM7. It was a success. I will not go back to the way things were.
You, you, you... rooter you! :D

-Frank

waker

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site

It's been discussed numerous times that the TB will NOT get Sense 3.0... it is scheduled for a Sense upgrade, but it will be Sense 2.1, not Sense 3.0.

And that has nothing to do with what I said:

Hopefully some nice sense 3.0 custom roms will come from any official release.

(edit: I am running one now, I know there are a bunch already)

Last edited:

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Thought I would share this with everyone about HTC and GB for

I was told Q3 as well...and that Big Red also approved the update already.

HiPower

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Probably waiting for Blockbusted to update their app so it can be forced upon us again

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I was told Q3 as well...and that Big Red also approved the update already.

I wonder if anyone can confirm this........anyone at all......somebody from VZW maybe......

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if anyone can confirm this........anyone at all......somebody from VZW maybe......

I was confirming the initial post with this information, which came via telephone from the Verizon Rep who sent my replacement TB.

Now, you're looking for confirmation of a confirmation? I don't think you'll ever be satisfied. :)

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

well I was referring to a specific member here on the forum..but I would guess if he had seen any thing about it he would had posted so....

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I was confirming the initial post with this information, which came via telephone from the Verizon Rep who sent my replacement TB.

Now, you're looking for confirmation of a confirmation? I don't think you'll ever be satisfied. :)

You can't trust what the phone reps at VZW say about anything concerning availability of updates. I lay you odds that if you talked with another rep, they would deny any knowledge of it. Those people are about the best gossips I have ever met. Even better than my Aunt Maude's coffee clatch and rumor mill!

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Well...although I know the guy's real name and know he's a member here (he introduced me to this site), I don't know his moniker.

I doubt he'd see this, as he is more advanced and probably lingers in the rooting boards more so than here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzle