Thunderbolt - Best Buy Availability/Pricing/Ordering Discussion

MsGadget13

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
We're 5 mos. into our 2 yr. Verizon family contracts (3 Fascinates, 1 BB) and just got an exclusive invitation to iPhone at the upgrade price. I'm waiting for a Thunderbolt but will that be at full price?

My daughter only left AT&T's iPhone with us because I told her they were going to get it soon. Thank goodness it's finally here!

Anyone know how will her getting an iPhone affect me getting an LTE? Any chance they're going to send "exclusive" upgrades for LTE phones?

MsGadget

eestubbs104

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Please

I am a Verizon customer with their wireless service. I am currently on a month to month plan (mine 2 years ran out last December, 2010. :) I have been waiting since then for the next best Verizon cell phone ;). Verizon had shown a lot of potential with the different Android OS phones, the Thunderbolt and Bionic to name two. I was happy and elated :eek:

But than came along this (outdated) Verizon iPhone and the news about the new Android OS phones just seemed to dissappear :( The Thunderbolt and Bionic to name two. I was really undecided :-\ about which Android phone I would get.

But with this possible date for the Thunderbolt this Feburary, I am once again happy :), and this just might be the one.

So come on Verizon, don't let AT&T with their possible Motorola ATRIX delivery next month at $149.99 steal a customer away from you

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So come on Verizon, don't let AT&T with their possible Motorola ATRIX delivery next month at $149.99 steal a customer away from you

You do realize AT&T has pathetic 3G coverage, and their so-called "4G" is even more sparse, right? And alot slower than VZW's LTE.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So come on Verizon, don't let AT&T with their possible Motorola ATRIX delivery next month at $149.99 steal a customer away from you[/SIZE][/FONT]

Have you ever been on the AT&T network ? If you value voice call clarity & good coverage, you'll be KICKING YOURSELF for leaving Verizon. I've been on all carriers. Verizon & Verizon Wireless provide solid networks.

You'll have an Atrix @ $149 and be stuck for 2 years on a $h!tty service provider.

I'll never again leave VZW.

hydroz_23

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
In stock date means nothing. A item can show a in stock date for months before it is released. It only matters when the street date changes, that is the date that sales can begin. Hopefully it is the 14th and im not saying it is not but you can not base a release date off of a in stock date at best buy. Big difference

I have seen items with a in stock date that actually never get released for whatever reason

Last edited:

RichardClark

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Good point, hydroz_23. The "release date" in the screenshot is blank. As an outsider, it seems odd to me that they would start stocking an item long before releasing it, but I'm not familiar with Best Buy's inventory management practices. Maybe the 14th is the first day shipments will start arriving in some stores and it will take 10 days (up to the other suspected release date of 2/24) to stock up all their locations? Just a guess. All I know for sure is that I'm ready for one NOW! :)

hydroz_23

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Good point, hydroz_23. The "release date" in the screenshot is blank. As an outsider, it seems odd to me that they would start stocking an item long before releasing it, but I'm not familiar with Best Buy's inventory management practices. Maybe the 14th is the first day shipments will start arriving in some stores and it will take 10 days (up to the other suspected release date of 2/24) to stock up all their locations? Just a guess. All I know for sure is that I'm ready for one NOW! :)

It happens more often then you would think

Nabrahan

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
You do realize AT&T has pathetic 3G coverage, and their so-called "4G" is even more sparse, right? And alot slower than VZW's LTE.

AT&T has fantastic coverage, i hate how everyone hops on the bandwagon and bashes them. What do you think is going to happen to Verizon when the iphone hits? I love Verizon but people need to let it go...if AT&T's network was that bad they wouldn't have 86+ million subscribers.

qzic

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I doubt 4G prices are going up

Mr. Panda thinks that its still going to be the end of Feb and that the 4G pricing will rise by at least 15 bucks.

I have no inside information, I haven't heard from a friend of a friend, and my dog hasn't slipped me any information. But, I'm fairly confident that Verizon will not raise 4G prices.

Why? Competition! And silly marketing. Since T-Mobile and AT&T are now calling their networks 4G, and since their networks are the same as their 3G networks, they are probably not planning a 4G price rise. If neither AT&T nor T-Mobile raise their 4G rates, then Verizon will lose a lot of sales if they raise their rates unilaterally.

If someone is considering the Bionic or the Atrix, if the Bionic costs $15 extra a month, why would they choose it over the Atrix? If the iPhone 5 is 4G* (that is HSPA+ on AT&T and LTE on Verizon), then Verizon would be shooting itself in the foot if it charged $15 extra per month for their 'flavor' of 4G.

*AT&T has already stated that they will not be releasing an LTE phone this year, so an AT&T iPhone 5 would not be LTE, but that doesn't mean it won't be '4G' on their HSPA+ network. It also does not preclude Verizon from releasing an LTE version of the phone. On that note, if the phone were HSPA+ and EV-DO respectively, then AT&T could advertise that their iPhone was 4G, while Verizon's was only 3G. That is why I predict that both would be 4G, HSPA+ for AT&T and LTE for Verizon. Thus, I also predict that data fees will be roughly similar.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
AT&T has fantastic coverage, i hate how everyone hops on the bandwagon and bashes them. What do you think is going to happen to Verizon when the iphone hits? I love Verizon but people need to let it go...if AT&T's network was that bad they wouldn't have 86+ million subscribers.

lol... I drive 15 minutes east of my house and have no AT&T 3G service. And I live 15 minutes in the other direction from a major metropolitan city. They're terrible around here, and just because you have service doesn't mean that the rest of the country does.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

Verizon has the most reliable network. Which means they will be more equipped to handle the heavy traffic of new iphone users. They have been preparing for this for some time now. I don't think it will be a problem.

Nabrahan

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
lol... I drive 15 minutes east of my house and have no AT&T 3G service. And I live 15 minutes in the other direction from a major metropolitan city. They're terrible around here, and just because you have service doesn't mean that the rest of the country does.

I'm on Verizon...but the 30+ people i work with who have iphones and my sister in columbus always blow verizon away when they run speed test and they never complain about the coverage.

paulmike3

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon...but the 30+ people i work with who have iphones and my sister in columbus always blow verizon away when they run speed test and they never complain about the coverage.

I live near Cleveland. Go 30 minutes east and you have no AT&T 3G. Pathetic if you ask me.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Coverage is different for everyone. I personally chose verizon for a few reasons. There offer the most RELIABLE coverage, they have excellent customer support. And imo offer the best smartphone choices. That's just me. I do not look down on any other service, its all personal preference regarding your needs.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
There must be a better thread for this, but i'll add that where i live, in the suburbs of new york city, you can't get coverage in the valleys or hilly areas, which is alot of north shore long island, unless you have vz.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Authority_Institute