Thunderbolt Thursday Waiting Room HERE!

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So, after talking to customer service 611, I wonder something. I was told that my data plan would "change" to say 4G service, after I buy the Bolt.

I don't like that that word -- "change" :'(

Anxiously awaiting Jtron's thread for those of us with Talk and Text plus Data.

Last edited:

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So I going between the thunderbolt and incredible 2 only because of the size but it looks like overall size between the two is about 2mm in width and height. Not really significant like I thought it would be. Think I'm leaning towards the TB again!

diablofreak

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
My NE2 eligibility is on 3/17! What a coincidence

I can't wait to get rid of my BB Tour. The amount of time I waited I should've just ignore the NE2 credit and get a upgrade discount on an Incredible or Droid x. I'm wondering if anyone has the following info:

1. Is NE2 promo eligible on thunderbolt? I heard they're ridding of the program?
2. Can I sign a 1 year contract? What's the price gonna be?
3. If I sign 2 year I don't want to be stuck with the phone for that long (even if the t-bolt will be the best phone EVAR for the first few months better ones will come along), did verizon get rid of the early upgrade discount as well (after 1 year) for everyone?

In the words of the smart Bart Scott - "CAN'T WAIT" :cool:

sammy303

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So, after talking to customer service 611, I wonder something. I was told that my data plan would "change" to say 4G service, after I buy the Bolt.

Now, let's pretend that 14 months from now, my Bolt dies/breaks/is stolen etc. I have the insurance, but it will take a few days to get a replacement. I activate my OG Droid, that is NOT 4g. I need a data plan. Will I be breaking my contract by activating a 3g device, that has a different data plan than the contract I have for the TB??

Yes and they will come to your house and take the phone away from you and scold you.

No really it won't make a difference.

ivan a rom#AC

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
zomg.. $30 unlimited 4g + mobile hot spot... love you...

Reminds me of my old license plate!
Lo7Je.jpg

Anywho I am really excited about the release being confirmed and on the edge of my seat regarding 1 year pricing. I'll be scouring the internets along with the rest of you for the deets.

rigorx

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Of course we all don't want to see a price increase, but... the higher up front cost is still SOOOO worth the freedom and flexibility to sell your TBolt in 10 months when your contract is up (IMO).

Let's say retail MSRP of the phone is $649, and on a 1 year it's $349. 10 months from now, you'd likely be able to sell your phone for as much as $449 to some poor sap that is stuck only 1/2 way into their 2 year contract, but really wants a new phone. See it happen constantly on eBay... folks still pay high prices for phones that are a year old and in great condition. Person that buys your phone is saving $200, you're getting all your money back (think of the tax you'll pay on your $349), and you're free to move on to the next hot handset.

WINNING!

elemerica

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I find this a bit interesting from the specs PDF in the first post:

• Virtual Keys (Home, Menu, Back, Search), 3.5mm Headset Jack. Surround Sound (Dolby, SRS), Noise
    Cancellation (in call and Search), USIM/CSIM/ISIM, Wireless charging, FM Radio

Maybe I missed something, but is this implying wireless charging with no accessories?

edit: nevermind - the accessories sections lists the same, so I'd imagine some accessory to be needed for it :(

JED427

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
You might... I added the incredible to our family plan back in January hoping the TB would be out by the old 30 day window, we all know that was not the case and I sent the incredible back. I called to activate a non smart phone but a Multimedia phone to use until the TB was available. I was told that I could activate the phone but it would change the plan back to a non smart phone plan. I would loose the special that I had; waive the 9.95 a month add a phone. I asked if I did nothing would i loose it she said no but could not guarantee I would not loose it when I ordered the TB. I'lll find out on Paddy day if worth the gamble. So would the 4g to 3g be the same as 3g to multimedia ????

PS first time gossip, rumor, take this with a grain of salt.....just off phone VZW phone rep.
Confirmed 17th release and 29.95 unlimited data......here is the kicker I asked her that BB was $249 wirefly $299 what was VZW going to sell it for??? you know the drill "one moment please"...............There might be introductory special of $0.00 with contract. No BS let thunder stike me down if i lie!!!!

diablofreak

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
but are they doing away with the 1 year early upgrade pricing as well? :'(

if so I am going to sign only 1 year contract, otherwise i think 2 year is doable with early upgrade, i don't foresee myself ever leaving VZW anyway

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait to get rid of my BB Tour. The amount of time I waited I should've just ignore the NE2 credit and get a upgrade discount on an Incredible or Droid x. I'm wondering if anyone has the following info:

1. Is NE2 promo eligible on thunderbolt? I heard they're ridding of the program?
2. Can I sign a 1 year contract? What's the price gonna be?
3. If I sign 2 year I don't want to be stuck with the phone for that long (even if the t-bolt will be the best phone EVAR for the first few months better ones will come along), did verizon get rid of the early upgrade discount as well (after 1 year) for everyone?

In the words of the smart Bart Scott - "CAN'T WAIT" :cool:

if you chose to sign a 1Y contract you cannot use your NE2 credit. Only good towards a new 2Y contract.

Reactions: diablofreak

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
but are they doing away with the 1 year early upgrade pricing as well? :'(

if so I am going to sign only 1 year contract, otherwise i think 2 year is doable with early upgrade, i don't foresee myself ever leaving VZW anyway

Yes, no more annual upgrades. You're stuck either buying a phone on ebay, buying at full price or waiting 20 months.

azdmelani

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Of course we all don't want to see a price increase, but... the higher up front cost is still SOOOO worth the freedom and flexibility to sell your TBolt in 10 months when your contract is up (IMO).

Let's say retail MSRP of the phone is $649, and on a 1 year it's $349. 10 months from now, you'd likely be able to sell your phone for as much as $449 to some poor sap that is stuck only 1/2 way into their 2 year contract, but really wants a new phone. See it happen constantly on eBay... folks still pay high prices for phones that are a year old and in great condition. Person that buys your phone is saving $200, you're getting all your money back (think of the tax you'll pay on your $349), and you're free to move on to the next hot handset.

WINNING!

But... if they impliment tiered data pricing in that year, you are stuck paying more when you upgrade ($5 more is $60 a year, etc.) Just something to think about.

diablofreak

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
thanks all.

another question regarding LTE coverage, specifically I'm in NYC and it is a LTE market but how much coverage are we really talking about,, just manhattan, the 5 boroughs, or most of everywhere that has 3G coverage currently? what about in the tristate area (North New Jersey, Southwest Connecticut, Westchester, etc)

derekgallina

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just called my local corporate verizon store and the sales rep told me he would come in when they open Thursday(On his day off) and bill it to my account so I am guaranteed one...then he is meeting me when I get off work the same day to set it up on my account and transfer my info...

He definitely wants my business, and in this case I don't mind giving it to him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord