TMO lollipop 5.1 rolling out now

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I too would like to know if memory/RAM management gets any better with this update.

Lollipop 5.0 killed my Moto X 2014 and the same is happening on the GS6. Apps can't stay open and everything just grinds to a halt unless I restart the phone every few days.

Posted via the Android Central App

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Cell standby still hasn't been fixed. Soon as I reactivated VoLTE and Wifi Calling, it came right back. RAM management also has not been corrected.

As much as I hate iPhone, i'm about ready to switch back. It's been over 2 months since the launch of this phone and we've yet to see any fixes for these issues even after the 5.1.1 update. I could be wrong after some more use, but this update seems pointless.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Cell standby still hasn't been fixed. Soon as I reactivated VoLTE and Wifi Calling, it came right back. RAM management also has not been corrected.

As much as I hate iPhone, i'm about ready to switch back. It's been over 2 months since the launch of this phone and we've yet to see any fixes for these issues even after the 5.1.1 update. I could be wrong after some more use, but this update seems pointless.

I seriously hope the Memory leak, and Battery issues are fixed otherwise I will feel very stupid having switch from an iPhone to this.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

How do you know this after having the phone updated for less than 12 hours?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just updated but how do you access the guest mode?

I haven't found it yet, but going back to Sammobile video where they showed all the new features that were going to be included in this build, they did mention that they didn't find the Guest Mode but thy weren't sure if the final build was going to get it, it seems that they ended up not adding it.

RAM Management is still too early to see if it was fixed or not, what has been reported is just a couple of guys over XDA forum, they recon that it was better but they think it hasn't been fixed completely. Jury still out as they don't provide more details or mentioned if they Wiped Cache Partition or Factory Reset the phone, if they indeed this those and it still shows the behavior then something was still missing in Samsung's fix.

About VoLTE, yes, I can confirm that as soon as I set that back to On, Cell Standby begins to appear at my Battery stats, something that I don't see too often, but for me, it's a no issue because where I live, it hasn't been launched yet, so I always turn it off anyways, and Wifi calling, no need to turn it on unless you are going to use it, and in such case, just use the Quick Toggle to turn it on and off as needed.

IamDefiler

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine got stuck in an infinite boot loop. Did the 3 finger salute and waiting for the Samsung download to finish. I think mine is borked though. It's been on this download screen for about an hour now. :/

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Cool, thanks. So you haven't experienced it firsthand. As I said. Of course, you may be right but I look forward to seeing what everyone here says without talking about kernels and rooting.

Um no I have experienced it first hand. But instead of me just giving you my opinion, I linked you to the actual values and what other people have been experiencing as well.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Um no I have experienced it first hand. But instead of me just giving you my opinion, I linked you to the actual values and what other people have been experiencing as well.
Here's to holding out hope! I really do blame Lollipop for a lot of the grief on my phone(s).

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

You are well aware that this is totally T-Mobile's fault (cell standby with VoLTE and wifi calling) and has nothing to do with Samsung, right? So how many times have you asked your carrier to fix this blunder? Personally, I would be in the phone with them every day until they fix it. But that is just me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord