Tmobile EIP and Samsung Trade-in, PLEASE HELP!!

Yamil Carabes

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello Forum,

I'm interestted in the S10 preorder offer and I've been contacting Samsung customer service to get some info about the trade-in program and their answers has been completely contradictory. I've called at least 4 times and every time I received a different answer.

My case is that I have an S8+ that I would like to trade, I have this phone with tmobile under an EIP and still have some payments left on it. In the trade-in FAQ here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...Ffrequently-asked-questions%2F&token=iw4rMuhW ...... you can read:

"The device I’m trading in is one that I bought using an equal payment or other financing plan, and I still have payments left on it. Can I still trade it in?

Yes – however, please note that all remaining payments on the device you’re trading in are your responsibility. You may also be subject to additional fees. Check with your current carrier for details."

However, every time I talked with the customer servive reps at Samsung they give me a differet answer, some says that I have to pay in full, another say no need, other say they can not guarantee that I will meet the requirements ..... whats happening here?? Its really confusing and I'm shocked with the lack of knoledge and / or training of the Samsungs CSRs.

Anyone can help, PLEASE?? Anyone with a real experience about this matter?? I would appreciate any input ....... Thanks a lot!!

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I was told my trade in value will go toward the pay off of my phone. Rest is my responsibility. Will be credited to my bill in 3 cycles. So I assume my auto pay will take the full payoff then I get credited back. Might have to turn that off for now.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Just trade phone in and keep making payments on t-mobile bill. That is what I am doing. All they say is can't be leased. With t-mobile Jump and JoD are leased so you can't trade those in. The pure EIP is basically same as if you charged on a credit card.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I was told my trade in value will go toward the pay off of my phone. Rest is my responsibility. Will be credited to my bill in 3 cycles. So I assume my auto pay will take the full payoff then I get credited back. Might have to turn that off for now.

I don't think Samsung.com has anything to do with paying off t-mobile eip which I gathered is what he meant.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You should be OK trading in the s8. Just keep paying your bill and everything will be fine. Only phones reported lost or stolen are blacklisted. If the original owner (you) in this case stops making payments, then T-Mobile may block the device from it's network.

Yamil Carabes

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the replies ...... Today I received an email from Samsung regarding my reservation and they are calling the trade-in program "enhanced trade-in", any idea of what does it mean? its just another samsung promotional tactic??