Question Toggle WiFi calling with one button?

rumplestilts

Oct 1, 2023
Visit site
I'm using a TMobile home cellphone bridge; not sure what it's called officially but it plugs into my home router and provides nice phone/text services when I turn off WiFi calling in my Pixel's prefs. No complaints so far. However, I'd love to find a widget or some simple one-click button that would permit the toggling of WiFi calling without a trip through the phone's Settings (which my wife hates and can never remember the process). I did a search through the Play Store but nothing relevant popped up so I'm here asking the community if such a beastie exists. Thanks for reading this and for any suggestions you might provide.

Solution
I just tried this and got it to work using the app, Shortcut Maker. After installing the app, select "Activities" from the main menu, then "Phone Services" and then "Call settings." Save the shortcut, assign it an icon, and it will then work like any app icon - just tap the icon to directly access the menu for WiFi calling.
Activities > Settings > WiFi Calling did the trick.

Thanks very much! The app is quite extensive so I might find other repetitive procedures need a shortcut and now I have the answer. Perfect.

Mr. Lucky

Jul 25, 2023
Visit site
I just tried this and got it to work using the app, Shortcut Maker. After installing the app, select "Activities" from the main menu, then "Phone Services" and then "Call settings." Save the shortcut, assign it an icon, and it will then work like any app icon - just tap the icon to directly access the menu for WiFi calling.

Reactions: B. Diddy

rumplestilts

Oct 1, 2023
Visit site
Activities > Settings > WiFi Calling did the trick.

Thanks very much! The app is quite extensive so I might find other repetitive procedures need a shortcut and now I have the answer. Perfect.

Reactions: B. Diddy
Solution