Top Browser?

hossman12

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Idk, dolphin is noticeably faster than stock for me. I love the flash support but my absolute favorite feature is the way it swipes and handles bookmarks.

I must admit not even trying chrome though.. you guys think its worth trying even though im happy w dolphin? What are the main differences between the two browsers?

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

Deadly_Poison630

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Idk, dolphin is noticeably faster than stock for me. I love the flash support but my absolute favorite feature is the way it swipes and handles bookmarks.

I must admit not even trying chrome though.. you guys think its worth trying even though im happy w dolphin? What are the main differences between the two browsers?

Sent from my MetroPCS GS3

Some differences are that dolphin supports flash while chrome doesn't. Chrome has a desktop application (Which allows you to sync tabs) while Dolphin doesn't. Speed wise (IMO) they're about the same. I think you should give chrome a try and if you don't like it then uninstall it and continue using dolphin.

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I tried syncing bookmarks with dolphin but couldn't get it to work. I like on chrome that there are "desktop bookmarks" so things I have saved on my computer are mobile. It also lets you save bookmarks as mobile bookmarks so just your sites you go to on phone can be saved there.

Note: in the app store it says chrome is 18.94 mb but really is 45+mb when downloaded. Or at least when u go into app manager it is.

pdl2mtl90

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Love Dolphin browser with the X-Marks bookmarks add-on. I have used X-Marks for Firefox forever and it works great with Dolphin also.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
After resetting and losing all my bookmarks, im flirting with 4 browsers including stock and im leaning back towards Firefox... just wish the "full screen" add-on worked and id be happy.
Havent used Chrome in a long time so may give it another chance.. since gettin JB (i still have flash) ive noticed just how little i actually use flash....
..downloadin Chrome now coz ive always really wanted to love it.... im a google fanboy...
..wow the reviews arent good, even just the s3 owner reviews!.....

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
....hmm chrome is REALLY fast but is there no full-screen mode? (No statusbar) ?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

juniorgolf18

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
After resetting and losing all my bookmarks, im flirting with 4 browsers including stock and im leaning back towards Firefox... just wish the "full screen" add-on worked and id be happy.
Havent used Chrome in a long time so may give it another chance.. since gettin JB (i still have flash) ive noticed just how little i actually use flash....
..downloadin Chrome now coz ive always really wanted to love it.... im a google fanboy...
..wow the reviews arent good, even just the s3 owner reviews!.....

I hear ya re: being google fan...lol Hope you like Chrome

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Samsung GS3 - came from iPhone...

Reading about these browsers, the stock seems quick but I hate how the bookmarks are situated. I downloaded dolphin hd and am thinking of downloading the chrome browser. Most of the comments I searched for were a month or more ago and I see chrome has updated some stuff since then.

One thing I noticed, dolphin is only 5 mb or so but chrome is 18.99 mb, why so big and the big diff??

What is your browser experience...?

I use Chrome on my laptop and ipad and find that I like the mobile experience as well. Plus all my bookmarks are always available to me no matter what gadget I'm using.

Sent from my Red GS3

mrxblue

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Give "quick browser" a try. It has:

- quick menus on the left and right side of screen edge
- two layers in the quick menu
- and a bunch of other features

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
It is fast isn't it???! Really fast. Don't know about full-screen mode, haven't seen option for it.

Yeah the speed shocked me.
Lack of full screen could be a deal breaker though.
Are there add-ons for Chrome?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
As much as I wanna stay with dolphin there's something about chrome that keeps bringing me back...

Dolphin full-screen is good but it doesnt play well with my keyboard :(
Chrome is lovely but i want a FULL screen :banghead:

TBolt2011

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I used to use Dolphin until they started making way too many changes that killed the speed of the app. I use Chrome now that I have a phone capable of it!