TouchWiz & Gestures on Homescreen

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I come from the Note 3 and then the Note 4 and have always used Nova Launcher because I like the customization it offered.

Like - swipe down anywhere on the Homescreen and expand Notifications or swipe up anywhere and open the app drawer.

Well the Note 5 has some wonderful dark themes that I like enough to stay with TouchWiz, but I am really really missing the swipe down to expand notifications.

Yeah I know I called swipe from the very top and get this but it it just would be nice.

Are there settings I haven't come across or a 3rd party app to do this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
For the native email app, a gentle touch and then pull down will expand the email subject line. Some notifications aren't expandable, at least in my case for the two weather apps that I have set to show up in the Notification bar menu. I think the Gmail app also supports the expand feature to allow for archive or delete right from the notification.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I come from the Note 3 and then the Note 4 and have always used Nova Launcher because I like the customization it offered.

Like - swipe down anywhere on the Homescreen and expand Notifications or swipe up anywhere and open the app drawer.

Well the Note 5 has some wonderful dark themes that I like enough to stay with TouchWiz, but I am really really missing the swipe down to expand notifications.

Yeah I know I called swipe from the very top and get this but it it just would be nice.

Are there settings I haven't come across or a 3rd party app to do this?

I would love this as well. Swipe down for notifications, is something that I really miss.

Notrega

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
OK - I found this app - I have no connection to the developer but it fits my needs... I am using the Keys options instead of Swipe but Swipe is available to do similar functions.

Hope this helps others

How I am using it - It allows two functions for the soft keys
Back Soft Key now functions like this
Tap = Back
Long Press = Expand Notifications

All in one Gestures
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phoenixstudios.aiogestures

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
OK - I found this app - I have no connection to the developer but it fits my needs... I am using the Keys options instead of Swipe but Swipe is available to do similar functions.

Hope this helps others

How I am using it - It allows two functions for the soft keys
Back Soft Key now functions like this
Tap = Back
Long Press = Expand Notifications

All in one Gestures
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.phoenixstudios.aiogestures

Great find! Thank you for sharing, I'm checking it out right now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
koop