Touchwiz not responding, and status bar flashes.

EricBrasuell

Jan 9, 2016
Visit site
So, I'm posting here as a last resort. I think my phone is at its last leg but I'll give this a shot.

So this has been happening more lately and it is very annoying. I will just be doing my thing, checking facebook or something, and the screen will just stop responding to my touches. The back and menu button still light up and vibrate, but I can't do anything but pull out the battery to stop this. This happens on a regular bases. I think I had to do it a minimum of 10 times yesterday, which is extremely annoying as I have an otter box on my phone. If you keep tapping on the screen it MIGHT eventually bring up the option to stop touch wiz because it is not responding, but it depends on the phones attitude whether I can press it or not. I've only been able to do this once and then the screen goes black and the status bar flashes rapidly. Sometimes you won't even have to go through the long tedious process of making TouchWiz stop.

Sometimes it will do it on its own right in the middle of doing something on the phone. This can happen in any screen. Lock screen, home screen, doesnt matter. When opening an app there is a 50/50 chance the screen will turn black and status bar start flashing.

I have tried holding the power button to bring up the shutdown/restart button, but can press them due to touch wiz being stupid.

Any help would be appreciated.